Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Dan Graziano: Titans VP/player personnel Ryan Cowden as a potential front-office hire in Carolina

Posted (edited)

Carolina is in no apparent hurry and is looking to add some folks to its front office around GM Marty Hurney. I still have my eye on Titans VP/player personnel Ryan Cowden as a potential front-office hire in Carolina, given his roots in the Panthers organization.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28412327/nfl-coaching-carousel-nuggets-heard-firings-hirings-rumors

Edited by TheSpecialJuan
  • Pie 1

His one downside is that none of the potential head coaches are connected to him.

Greg Roman might have, but he's not a candidate.

He joined the Titans in 2016 after 16 years with the Carolina Panthers. In Carolina, Cowden last held the title of Assistant Director of College Scouting, a position he held for two years. Prior to that role, he served as the team’s National Scout/Senior College Scout for two years (2012-14) and was a national scout from 2008-12.

https://www.titansonline.com/team/front-office-roster/ryan-cowden

Image result for ryan cowden nfl"

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

His one downside is that none of the potential head coaches are connected to him.

Greg Roman might have, but he's not a candidate.

I’ll take that downside if he is a piece added to help balance Hurney after round 1 

• Milkshake 1

uh, that means he already worked under hurney and couldn't stop him from being a bonehead

• Beer 2

No more "former" staff personnel please.  There's enough stink leftover from the JR era already.  Let's try to clean out all the remnants of that era if you don't mind.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)

This is the type of hire I expect, some one who would be coming in and is clearly working under Hurney and Tepper. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

No more "former" staff personnel please.  There's enough stink leftover from the JR era already.  Let's try to clean out all the remnants of that era if you don't mind.

Beane worked under Hurney and has done a great job in Buffalo.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

This is the type of hire I expect, some one who would be coming back and would clearly be working for Hurney and Tepper. 

exactly  

If Tepper is going to hire an analytics oriented HC why would he want to fortify the player evaluation area with a traditional viewpoint.  IMO he will bring in someone who will add the analytics side to Hurney. Cowden doesn’t seem to be that person.

Just to be clear, this is pure speculation on Graziano's part.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just to be clear, this is pure speculation on Graziano's part.

well now i don't like this person graziano