Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers would still like to interview Eagles executive Andrew Berry

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

To open up the GM position for Berry, Tepper could just create a new title for Marty and call it a promotion.

For instance: Executive Vice President of Quality Control.

Just a title isn't enough. He'd also have to give the new guy full control of the roster.

That's the part Marty might balk at.

Edited by Mr. Scot

A canidate that completly destroys Hurney in any comparison outside surviving in your job despite being terrible and we are trying to still keep Hurney above him?

Nope. Do the right thing. Fire Hurney and hire the obviously better qualified person.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just a title isn't enough. He'd also have to give the new guy full control of the roster.

It's not Marty's decision 

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's not Marty's decision 

The guy whose decision it is has an unfortunate tendency to show Marty a lot of deference.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, if the idea is to groom Marty's replacement, make MH a consultant and bring Berry or another qualified candidate on board as GM.

Gotta believe these draft picks will be discussed to death prior to their selection by the GM, Rhule and his coordinators anyway.  Make Hurney a consultant and keep him in the mix for the next few seasons if it is so important to keep him around.

• Beer 1

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Honestly, if the idea is to groom Marty's replacement, make MH a consultant and bring Berry or another qualified candidate on board as GM.

Gotta believe these draft picks will be discussed to death prior to their selection by the GM, Rhule and his coordinators anyway.  Make Hurney a consultant and keep him in the mix for the next few seasons if it is so important to keep him around.

I'd agree.

My concern is what Tepper believes.

26 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

To open up the GM position for Berry, Tepper could just create a new title for Marty and call it a promotion.

For instance: Executive Vice President of Quality Control.

I prefer he be promoted to PLO, Permanent Latrine Orderly.

2 hours ago, Growl said:

Berry isn't a scouting guy. He's more of an administrative/finance guy. Not somebody you tend to have as your general manager.

Not to pick on you, but why is it that we as fans know these sorts of things about people who don’t even do football related stuff on a football team? I half expect that I could pick a random NFL team and someone here could name their director of facility services (head janitor) without googling it. I think we collectively obsess a bit much at times.

/end rant

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Not to pick on you, but why is it that we as fans know these sorts of things about people who don’t even do football related stuff on a football team? I half expect that I could pick a random NFL team and someone here could name their director of facility services (head janitor) without googling it. I think we collectively obsess a bit much at times.

/end rant

Well, we don't know that particular fact because it isn't true.

Berry's been working in scouting and personnel for the past ten years.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Image result for RYAN GRIGSON"

Don't know much of anything about him. 

2 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Don't know much of anything about him. 

You don't need to.

They cant give him full control and it's not because of Hurney. 

When it was said that Rhule got complete control, well apparently he has final say over everything... but tepper, Hurney,  new gm and Rhule are taking a collaborative approach 

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

They cant give him full control and it's not because of Hurney. 

When it was said that Rhule got complete control, well apparently he has final say over everything... but tepper, Hurney,  new gm and Rhule are taking a collaborative approach 

Mike Garafolo confirmed Rhule didn't want roster control.

Hurney should do the honorable thing and step down.  

• Pie 1