Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

XOBlackxJokerOX

We can quell the Burrow talk for now guys

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reportedly-have-no-intention-of-trading-no-1-overall-pick-the-projected-spot-for-joe-burrow/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Per CBSsports:

"The Cincinnati Bengals have the top overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, and have no intention to trade the pick, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Cincinnati finished with the worst record in the NFL, which put them in position to draft LSU quarterback Joe Burrow, who is the consensus top player this year. Doesn't hurt that the Bengals need a quarterback who can lead the way in rebuilding their franchise." 

Just now, Jim Harbaugh said:

Everything every team is putting out right now is disinformation.

That may be true but with hope abysmal their QB situation is it's highly believable.

Yeah, it's the only correct move for Cincinnati.

Though that's not going to stop a handful of delusional posters from now until draft night. 

Edited by Krovvy
  • Beer 1

The only way Cincy trades away that pick is for a Ricky Williams type package.  If that happens, I may trade away the Panthers as my favorite team.

• Pie 8

I dunno, Cincy is a qb away.  they have pieces in place to compete.  imo they would be better off getting a vet qb and make a run now.  Joe Burrow will take a few years to learn the game.

• Pie 1

Not that there was any hope of getting him to start with, but they wouldn't likely say they are keeping the pick if there was any chance - other than a Ricky William's deal - of trading it. 

The king's ransom it would take to get Burrow makes it a ridiculous proposition from the Panthers standpoint anyway. We need assets - lots of assets.

Plus, I'm not sold on Burrow being the next football jesus anyway.

• Pie 3

Why would they make this up? If they were willing to trade it they would leak it to start a bidding war.

All I hear is that the 1st pick is expensive. Not that i want to dump the next 2 or 3 drafts into one QB we aren't ready to protect. They will listen to offers I'm sure.

Trading up for Tua if his medicals clear always made more sense to me, but Miami isn’t gonna lose him if they want him.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All I hear is that the 1st pick is expensive. Not that i want to dump the next 2 or 3 drafts into one QB we aren't ready to protect. They will listen to offers I'm sure.

They've already said they're not going to.

Even if they were, how the hell would the Panthers have enough assets to beat out Miami? This is absurd.

Edited by Krovvy

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Trading up for Tua if his medicals clear always made more sense to me, but Miami isn’t gonna lose him if they want him.

I think Miami might even trade up for him.

Everything just makes sense for them to pick burrow at #1. I just don't see that not happening. Pick will probably be known before the draft happens.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Everything just makes sense for them to pick burrow at #1. I just don't see that not happening. Pick will probably be known before the draft happens.

I honestly don’t know why this is even a discussion right now. 

• Pie 2