Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

lightsout

Virginia capitol rally

Concluded with zero reports of violence or arrests. People of various races, religions, nationalities, and political leanings (I believe there was a Dem who spoke but I could be wrong on that) all gathered and came together to protest infringement on the 2nd Amendment. The government was scared, tried to scare people and to make the protest goers appear like something they weren't, and the whole thing goes off without a hitch. This is a win for the American people in the face of a government that spent all of last week swearing that this was going to be a crowd of people looking to be violent.

Before anybody mentions it, yes the FBI arrested some neo-Nazi morons who reportedly planned to use the rally as a means to promote their ideology but that wasn't at the actual event, it was a few days ago. Antifa was even on hand reportedly and no violence.

Not sure how to embed tweets, but Julio Rosas has a good thread of tweets containing pictures of various people and signs at the rally.

• Pie 1

glad you had fun with your neonazi friends

antifa was not on hand btw, there were a bunch of right wingers making fake antifa twitter accounts claiming they were going to be there to attack people. but antifa supports the 2nd amendment and were never going to be there.

there were lots of people with swastikas tho. and you know what they say, if you march shoulder to shoulder with a nazi, you're a nazi.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Hmmm...

I don't see a lot of color in these pics...

...and this is what they're protesting.

I see that @lightsout, a cop, is totally fine with these wackjob, wannabe soldiers walking around the street and he's happy that it went off "without a hitch".

I wonder what he'd think if this was a group of African Americans or ANTIFA walking around a city with full idiot gear and assault weapons.

All protesting NOTHING.

• Pie 6

19 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I wonder what he'd think if this was a group of African Americans or ANTIFA walking around a city with full idiot gear and assault weapons.

We already know what would happen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Governor Ronald Reagan, who was coincidentally present on the capitol lawn when the protesters arrived, later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will."

^^ To a Republican that's like a direct quote from God by the way

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

30 minutes ago, rodeo said:

glad you had fun with your neonazi friends

antifa was not on hand btw, there were a bunch of right wingers making fake antifa twitter accounts claiming they were going to be there to attack people. but antifa supports the 2nd amendment and were never going to be there.

there were lots of people with swastikas tho. and you know what they say, if you march shoulder to shoulder with a nazi, you're a nazi.

There was a lot of white nationalist/Nazi/right wing militia chatter on /pol/ and other boards like that prior to the event too.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

and you know what they say, if you march shoulder to shoulder with a nazi, you're a nazi.

That's not how it works

12 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

That's not how it works

yes it is. 5 people sitting at a negotiating table with 5 nazis is 10 nazis.

• Pie 4

No violence, no incidents, no arrests

im not a big gun guy, I’m in favor of background checks and waiting periods

but to say the gov can take your guns away at will is a CLEAR violation of the Second Amendment and the VA gov and his cronies are way overreaching 

Edited by bull123
  • Poo 1

Quick, somebody tell these people that they're white supremacist Nazis. Huddlers said so.

But hey, it's easier to tell each other that only angry white republican neo-nazi males attended this, so you do you.

I find people wearing full tactical gear silly. Just as people find cosplayers silly. But if Antifa wants to do the same and NOT assault people without physical provocation, go for it. And if even more black people want to show up to these things armed, good. As one sign said, it's harder to oppress people who are armed.

@Darth Biscuit

8 minutes ago, bull123 said:

No violence, no incidents, no arrests

im not a big gun guy, I’m in favor of background checks and waiting periods

but to say the gov can take your guns away at will is a CLEAR violation of the Second Amendment and the VA gov and his cronies are way overreaching 

"Take the guns first, due process later." - Donald Trump

8 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Quick, somebody tell these people that they're white supremacist Nazis. Huddlers said so.

But hey, it's easier to tell each other that only angry white republican neo-nazi males attended this, so you do you.

I find people wearing full tactical gear silly. Just as people find cosplayers silly. But if Antifa wants to do the same and NOT assault people without physical provocation, go for it. And if even more black people want to show up to these things armed, good. As one sign said, it's harder to oppress people who are armed.

@Darth Biscuit

there were people there decked out in swastikas, charlottesville marchers, and members of white nationalist groups adorned with "right wing death squad" badges.

if you march with neonazis, you're a neonazi.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

there were people there decked out in swastikas, charlottesville marchers, and members of white nationalist groups adorned with "right wing death squad" badges.

if you march with neonazis, you're a neonazi.

Cool. Tell that to the black people there. Last I checked, neo-Nazis hate black people right? Weird they'd let them join their ranks. It's almost like some morons were there but that wasn't what the root of this rally was.

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Cool. Tell that to the black people there. Last I checked, neo-Nazis hate black people right? Weird they'd let them join their ranks. It's almost like some morons were there but that wasn't what the root of this rally was.

those black people decided to spend MLK marching with neonazis, they don't need me to tell them anything, they already know.

what is it about your movement that attracts so many people wearing swastikas? and why were the people there perfectly happy to march shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand with them? why do you find so much common cause with neonazis?

4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

what is it about your movement that attracts so many people wearing swastikas? and why were the people there perfectly happy to march shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand with them? why do you find so much common cause with neonazis?

Maybe because that isn't what the vast majority of people were there for and idk why black people would march "hand in hand" with them.

But if you're going to be ridiculous with the whole "they were all Nazis" narrative there's no point in talking to you because you're dishonest