Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

He just gets the ball to one of his weapons as quickly as possible.

the definition of the quarterback position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, billionairemonk said:

the definition of the quarterback position.

lol .. have you not seen the Panthers offense for the last decade?

Shula's slow developing routes downfield.

Rhule and Brady here will make these short, quick throws to lethal weapons commonplace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

lol .. I think Jeudy will get open before the rush hits home .. and if Jeudy doesn't then Moore will .. and if Moore doesn't then Samuel will .. and if Samuel doesn't then CMC will ..

Stop with the offensive line. Doing what I suggest remedies any problems with our offensive line.

1.  in man press, the WR isnt going to get open in 2-3 seconds

Which is approximately what this OL will give Max.

2. Even if they get open, our QBs will still get hit.....A Lot, like the last 2 season (yes even before Can got hurt and with Norv getting the ball out of his hands).  QBs getting hit like that gets us Will Grier by midseason.

 

Again.  We could have Deandre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and Julio.  You cant get the ball to them while being put on your back.  

Why do you think Atlanta has struggled so badly despite adding all the weapons?  Their OL sucked, and even their OL was better than our withJake Matthews.

Theyve since traded off Sanu and drafted heavy OL last year.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncfan said:

1 in man press, the WR isnt going to get open in 2-3 seconds

Which is approximately what this OL will give Max.

2. Even if they get open, our QBs will still get hit.....A Lot, like the last 2 season (yes even before Can got hurt and with Norv getting the ball out of his hands).  QBs getting hit like that gets us Will Grier by midseason.

 

Again.  We could have Deandre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, and Julio.  You cant get the ball to them whipe being put on your back.  

Why do you think Atlanta has struggled so badly despite adding all the weapons?  Their OL sucked, and even their OL was better than our withJake Matthews.

Theyve since traded off Sanu and drafted heavy OL last year.

How many CB's play man-press anymore .. are we facing Revis every week? Moore and Jeudy would blow the doors off most CB's in man-press scenarios. Even Samuel.

The Falcons don't have McCaffrey or a consistent run game. Freeman has been hurt and they lost Coleman. Our run game is what will keep us from being like ATL.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

Just throw the ball super quick every play. Then you don't even need an o-line.

If your WR's are Funchess and Benjamin - you can't - they'll be tackled where they caught the ball .. 5 yards from the L.O.S.

If your WR's are Moore-Samuel-Jeudy .. and CMC is your RB .. then yes, that can work, very well. Any one of them can turn a short pass into a long TD.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

How many CB's play man-press anymore .. are we facing Revis every week? Moore and Jeudy would blow the doors off most CB's in man-press scenarios. Even Samuel.

The Falcons don't have McCaffrey or a consistent run game. Freeman has been hurt and they lost Coleman. Our run game is what will keep us from being like ATL.

About as many that play zone

 

They may blow off them but they arent going to make it out of the box, CBs/LBs back in zone, and Safeties by the time this OL lets the DL to the QB.

 

If just simple getting it out of the QBs hands instantly is the plan.

 

Then why didnt we get blown out every game when Wilks and his blitz heavy CBs on island defense?  All teams had to do is get it out quick, and they wouldve scored every possession.

 

Why do you think there is no run and shoot style offense in the NFL.

 

 

You cant just load up WRs with a crap line and say, "we'll just throw it quick" 

That doesnt work in the NFL with the athletes in the league.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

About as many that play zone

 

They may blow off them but they arent going to make it out of the box, CBs/LBs back in zone, and Safeties by the time this OL lets the DL to the QB.

 

If just simple getting it out of the QBs hands instantly is the plan.

 

Then why didnt we get blown out every game when Wilks and his blitz heavy CBs on island defense?  All teams had to do is get it out quick, and they wouldve scored every possession.

 

Why do you think there is no run and shoot style offense in the NFL.

 

 

You cant just load up WRs with a crap line and say, "we'll just throw it quick" 

That doesnt work in the NFL with the athletes in the league.

2020 Panthers offense is going to be a beautiful thing. I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

2020 Panthers offense is going to be a beautiful thing. I know.

Not.

Sure.

If.

Serious.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is gonna matter until we fix our trenches. I'm not even sure if a healthy MVP caliber Cam could've gotten us to the playoffs this year with our porous OL and DL that parted like the Red Sea.

  • Pie 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would draft Andrew Thomas OT from Georgia. IF Little is healthy enough to play, let him compete for the RT spot. Then sign a good veteran Guard, or draft one. If you have a good line, the weapons we have are much more effective. Also, our run game will be more effective because of better run blocking. perhaps, we could actually make a TD on the 1 yard line at the end of the game and win??? Games are won in the trenches and last year, both our lines were terrible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeudy in the first and badass in the second I'm on board. I think the problem with the line was the asstastic center. Fix that and Turner and moton should be solid. Little and daley showed promise. The one position that was complete ass on the line last year was center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toldozer said:

Jeudy in the first and badass in the second I'm on board. I think the problem with the line was the asstastic center. Fix that and Turner and moton should be solid. Little and daley showed promise. The one position that was complete ass on the line last year was center. 

The entire line not named Moton was ass last year and even he had his moments. You don’t give up 58 sacks in a season because only your center is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Stop with the offensive line. Doing what I suggest remedies any problems with our offensive line

Never, bwahaha. We tried to make quick plays with a porous o-line last year. Didn't work. Didn't look so great with Matt Kalil & rookies/pickup vets @ LT in '17 & '18.

More than half of Super Bowl teams have a strong o-line. Jeudy would be fantastic to the team, but how the hell are we going to give him the ball w/o any pass protection?

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...