Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Why has there not been a lot of buzz on signing Joe Thuney? He just turned 27, Is local (Went to NC State) and we legit don't even have a LG on the roster. He is an absolute stud and has perennially been a top 5 LG in football, including second team all pro last year. He would be cheaper than the top level tackles and we already drafted Little, with this year being an even better tackle class in the draft. This would fill a massive whole with a stud. This needs to be discussed more!

Pats OL don’t do very well with other teams, and they all get hugely overpaid. Scarnecchia is a damn genius and the best OL coach ever. Unless he comes with Thuney then no thanks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Pats OL don’t do very well with other teams, and they all get hugely overpaid. Scarnecchia is a damn genius and the best OL coach ever. Unless he comes with Thuney then no thanks.

Can we pay Joe Thuney a bonus to kidnap Scarnecchia and bring him with ? Any of your contract/salary cap gurus know the rules on this?

• Beer 1

There is no salary caps on anything other than players. You can pay coaches whatever you want. But, the Pats can block him from making a lateral move if he's currently under contract.

Thuney can play and he’s a true pro. He is going to want to get paid though as this is his first crack at free agency. I don’t think huge free agent contracts are in our plans.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is no salary caps on anything other than players. You can pay coaches whatever you want. But, the Pats can block him from making a lateral move if he's currently under contract.

But can they block Thuney from giving him a roofie and stuffing him in his trunk before he drives down from Boston? I feel like there's a potential loophole here.

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Thuney can play and he’s a true pro. He is going to want to get paid though as this is his first crack at free agency. I don’t think huge free agent contracts are in our plans.

This might be my present oline bias talking, but I feel like if we're gonna spend FA money in bunches anywhere, it might be the o line, to protect either Cam in a contract year, or rookie x that we draft this spring.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This might be my present oline bias talking, but I feel like if we're gonna spend FA money in bunches anywhere, it might be the o line, to protect either Cam in a contract year, or rookie x that we draft this spring.

Yeah they are going to have to get serious about the O line at some point. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With Ron gone I believe that will be the case. He didn’t give two shits about the o line.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

Yeah they are going to have to get serious about the O line at some point. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With Ron gone I believe that will be the case. He didn’t give two shits about the o line.

Not to mention we've got a pretty decent running back. You might wanna put some decent blockers in front of that guy too.

I don't really trust drafting lineman. I mean look how bad we are at developing them. I want a proven product. Its about time we invest in the Line. I would rather do this than paying for a WR or CB this year

Look at the massive deal Andrew Norwell signed a few seasons ago. That is likely what it would cost to sign him. And for a team that is considered to be rebuilding dumping money into FA usually isn't in the cards

• Pie 3

He's an established vet with a very good track record. I'm not sure he'll choose to be a part of a rebuild instead of chasing the ring....or money of course. 

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Look at the massive deal Andrew Norwell signed a few seasons ago. That is likely what it would cost to sign him. And for a team that is considered to be rebuilding dumping money into FA usually isn't in the cards

Yep and even with how great Norwell was here look how that turned out for the Jags.... And we already have a lot of money tied up in a guard in Turner. Doesn’t really make sense at all though to pay for a guard in FA. Sure thing LT, go ahead. Value signing at any position, yeah sure. But to pay big for a player it’d have to be a guaranteed franchise LT, which don’t grow on trees and rarely hit the open market. I hope we draft a C in round 2 this year to build the line around going forward. Paradis was a bust and should be cut next year.

• Pie 3