Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Doc Holiday

Kobe Bryant dead in Helicopter crash

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reading what Greg Olsen wrote (posted earlier in the thread) kinda makes me question if this news hasn't caused him to ponder his own future a little bit.

He had said that he wanted to keep playing, but stories like this make you think of your own mortality. I wonder if he'll be more likely to consider retiring now so he can spend more time with his family.

I had the same thought when I read his tweet.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

A seriously bad part about this too(obviously not the worst) for Kobe’s family is he owned the Helicopter. I would not be surprised if the remaining family members of the others in the crash don’t take his estate to court. 

I don’t think he owned it. Charter that was basically reserved for him but owned by a company.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don’t think he owned it. Charter that was basically reserved for him but owned by a company.

He owned it but I guess he subbed it out to a company for operation and everything else. 

8 minutes ago, mjligon said:

I had the same thought when I read his tweet.

Here it is again for reference...

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he decided it was time to hang it up.

Interesting fact. This is the same model(albeit, a earlier model) that flies the Queen. 

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

This had to be the most shocking death of this time... I mean only micheal jackson who was a little older and aaliyah come close in my mind. Man this really hit home.... RIP

I wasn't alive when it happened, but I think for all who were nothing will probably ever top JFK.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't alive when it happened, but I think for all who were nothing will probably ever top JFK.

I mean i wasnt either so I said our time. old enough to live through it for me would be post 90s.

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

They dropped which indicates other issues. I'm not a helicopter expert so not sure if they stall like airplanes but it is ne or just one thing that causes a crash.  There is always contributing factors.  Fog will be the biggest thing thrown around, not sure if helicopters can do ifr flights but if they can then fog wouldn't be a issue. But it is all speculation til more info. 

Helicopters do not stall like airplanes. The main reason airplanes can still fly with an engine out is because they still have relative motion due to moving forward. As long as the airplane has forward movement, high and low pressure will form on the wing which causes lift.

helicopter on the other hand creates its own lift due to the rotation of the blades. If they go out, you have what they call “auto rotation” which is a complete loss of lift.

Edited by LegioX

13 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Helicopters do not stall like airplanes. The main reason airplanes can still fly with an engine out is because they still have relative motion due to moving forward. As long as the airplane has forward movement, high and low pressure will form on the wing which causes lift.

helicopter on the other hand creates its own lift due to the rotation of the blades. If they go out, you have what they call “auto rotation” which is a complete loss of lift.

Thanks, will just wait for the NTSB's report. 

56 minutes ago, LegioX said:

A Sikorsky S-76B Helicopter (N72EX) performing flight from Santa Ana KSNA was transitioning to the west of Van Nuys KVNY along the 101 Freeway in very marginal weather when suddenly crashed in the area of Calabasas. All 9 onboard have reportedly perished - the five-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant and his daughter were passengers of that flight. AUDIO SOURCE: www.liveatc.net

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

A Sikorsky S-76B Helicopter (N72EX) performing flight from Santa Ana KSNA was transitioning to the west of Van Nuys KVNY along the 101 Freeway in very marginal weather when suddenly crashed in the area of Calabasas. All 9 onboard have reportedly perished - the five-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant and his daughter were passengers of that flight. AUDIO SOURCE: www.liveatc.net

Yes I was about to post this. Hard to tell by ATC what happened. Helicopters just don’t drop out of the sky without ATC knowing. If he was having mechanical issues he would have squawked 7700 or 7600 and declared an emergency. It seemed to be instant. Like he crashed into a mountain. No idea.

Edited by LegioX
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, dave-o said:

1 and 82

82 was Jerricho Cotchery's number...

1 and 82...

Cotchery caught it!

I SEE IT NOW!!!

• Pie 1

Cleaned up the hijacked discussion. Let's leave the tin foil hat poo somewhere else, k?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Cleaned up the hijacked discussion. Let's leave the tin foil hat poo somewhere else, k?

Thanks, Rayz.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Gotta imagine that one dude won't be around here much longer.