Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

MHS831

Why the Panthers might Draft Herbert

I would be okay with Herbert.  I'm not okay with Tua though, I think he's a bust.

Anyone that doesn't think this is a real possibility is fooling themselves.  If you dont want Herbert you better hope he goes top 6.

• Pie 3

Watching Hebert get scrapped off the ground after every play once Cam goes down with injury is going to be exciting football  until he gets injured and Kyle Allen comes into be the 3rd string designated sack taker.

And I think the OT group is actually pretty good this year.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Anyone that doesn't think this is a real possibility is fooling themselves.  If you dont want Herbert you better hope he goes top 6.

Pretty much this. Herbert is the "next best QB" after the top guys are off the board that some dope team is going to get roped into taking FAR too early because it's "a QB league." Selecting a bellow average NFL QB, or a guy that ends up as a solid backup is a waste of a #1 pick.

Just now, run-run-pass-punt said:

If Joe Brady is the QB whisperer he is purported to be, we better not draft a QB in RD1.

Passing Game Coordinator and WR Coach does not equal QB Whisperer. 

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

Passing Game Coordinator and WR Coach does not equal QB Whisperer. 

Well he has certainly been viewed as integral to Burrow's meteoric rise.

Edited by run-run-pass-punt

I would like for us to select DT Derrick Brown at #7 but if he is gone and Herbert is still available when we pick, i will not be a bit surprised if we select him after his MVP showing at the 2020 Reese's Senior Bowl solidified the odds of him being selected in the top 10 picks in this year's draft. 

Herbert is what you picture a modern-day quarterback to play like. He's big (6'6", 227 lbs), strong-armed, mobile and isn't afraid to pull the ball down and run for yards when plays break down. On the flip side, there were some concerns with spotty accuracy (passes tend to sail high) and his inexperience getting through progressions in the Oregon offense. However, these concerns were quieted  during Senior Bowl week when He was nearly flawless, which could be enough for the Panthers to feel very good about what they're getting Day 1 and his positional upside.

• Pie 1

Anthony Gordon is the only QB I want in this draft. For the fact of where we can get him, and the talent he possesses. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is a lot to unpack here

So is ‘don’t want an introvert derp’. Tell us more about all you know about introverts. And what you’ve learned from your GED general psych class and grade school social interactions and observations.  Just kidding, I’m sure you have a real thorough understanding of the word introvert means and the people it applies to here in the adult world. Let me guess... they’re unassertive, assholes and shy. Well boy, aren’t you quite the educated investigator? No one has ever said that like ever before! Well...no one who is educated has (probably surprises you). Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers, Brady are all introverted. Has zero to do with being a QB.

Some education from brighter minds than yourself, I suggest becoming a better person by educating yourself:

A great book written by and inspired by neuroscience/evolutionary ideologies and life works from doctors and psychologists like Jung:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet:_The_Power_of_Introverts_in_a_World_That_Can't_Stop_Talking

Feel free to find part two or listen to some seminars from Susan Cain. And thank your doctors for being an introvert as well as the scientists who gave you all these great inventions. 99% of them are introverts.

Seems like this may be a little too much scientific gibberish for your slowly developed country bumpkin brain...so I apologize but am simply replying to ‘wanting more to unpack’.

...the again it’s much easier to stay uneducated and make labels and assumptions but realize you look like a moron to the educated/intellectual minds.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3