Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MHS831

Why the Panthers might Draft Herbert

1 hour ago, Rags said:

I've watched quite a few of Oregon's games too, I namely last season when he was considered to be the #1 overall pick for a bit, haven't watched much this season, or much CFB, and have relied on highlights.

Oregon's system was often one read, but unlike some other Oregon QBs he went through his progressions often enough. My point with the highlight video is you could see his head move in these videos. It's not like he's an all pro at it or anything, but he's ahead of most QBs some previous drafts in that regard. Tua definitely has him beat in that regard but, also, his lower body injuries scare the fug outta m.e

I see both sides, but if the offense was designed to be quick hitting and he was coached to make the read and deliver the ball, then that does not mean that he cannot.  At the SR bowl, he was not in that dink and dunk offense and was the MVP.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I would be okay with Herbert.  I'm not okay with Tua though, I think he's a bust.

I worry that he is fragile--

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Chargers are drafting him ahead of us.

Unless they sign Bridgewater (some talk that way)

Don't let this be a surprise to anyone. We need to have someone behind Cam due to his injury history. After seeing Kyle Allen & Will Grier, we know what we have or better yet, don't have.

Were drafting a QB @ #7.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Even if we dont go OT there's too many other blue chip prospects that will be there for the taking. Isiah Simmons, Jerry Jeudy, Okudah among others. You really expect Herbert to come in and do better than Allen did last year?

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One read dink and dunker. Maybe he's capable of doing more, but that's what he did at Oregon.

Brees and Brady are both dink and dunkers.  That being said we got Cam, we good.

4 hours ago, Mister said:

We don’t need a qb we have cam . He gives us the best chance to win we don’t need some system qb that never did anything special in college . No way ! 

What is Cam's record since November, 2018?

How many games did he miss during that time? 

How is that giving us the best chance to win?

Edited by MHS831

43 minutes ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

Don't let this be a surprise to anyone. We need to have someone behind Cam due to his injury history. After seeing Kyle Allen & Will Grier, we know what we have or better yet, don't have.

Were drafting a QB @ #7.

Bold and Sassy.

• The D 1

As I normally do, if Herbert drops to 7, there might be several teams, like Indy that want to switch places, so trade down might be my choice.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

These are all legitimate concerns, but it is not like this team isn't overloaded with legitimate concerns across the board. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

What does Justin Herbert do better than Cam?

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

These are all legitimate concerns, but it is not like this team isn't overloaded with legitimate concerns across the board. 

Agreed.  But I think they are looking at a process to develop a team around a new QB---even if he sits for a season.  To me, it does not seem right to build a team that will be competitive in 3 seasons around a QB that will be 34 at the time--and banged up.  Injuries add up, and Cam has been so tough and so targeted for so long---I am amazed that he is not following Luck to Shady Acres.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

What does Justin Herbert do better than Cam?

Stays active.  (gonna get torched for that one)

He is better at being young and not banged up. 

Edited by MHS831

As mentioned in the prologue, this is not Herbert vs. Cam.  This is about the decision the Panthers could have to make---stay with Cam or take a player who could be the QB for a decade or more.

Opinions about Herbert vary, and I am not interested in them---the point is---what will the Panthers do when given the chance (if given the chance) to take a QB with those skills? 

There are 3 players that could really change this draft in terms of where the QBs go---Rivers, Mariota, and Bridgewater.  If either is signed by Miami or the Chargers, Herbert (barring trades) could be there. 

Part of me wonders if they hope Herbert is gone so they do not have to make that call.  If Herbert becomes a pro bowler and Cam never recovers....people will remember the draft for decades.