Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
ncfan

Big News 3.0... Joey Slye Extended

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He's a good insurance policy until Gano is healthy or until a better option comes along. He probably won't lose us as many games as our QB's, OL or DL do if we don't improve those situations. 

But if you talk to some on this very board, Graham Gano is the reason for each loss this team has taken since he joined the roster.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

But if you talk to some on this very board, Graham Gano is the reason for each loss this team has taken since he joined the roster.

Lol. I am aware. He was pretty damn good for us for a period of time, although he has had his struggles as well(especially on XP's). 

I think kickers tend to get a lot of hate anyway. It is what it is.

Why the love/hate for Slye? Even as an average kicker, he will probably be on an opening day roster somewhere in September.

15 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Didn't he have a couple of misses/blocks attributed to horrible breakdowns in protection? 

IDK about misses, I'd have to look back but he did have a kick blocked against Jacksonville. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't necessarily see that coming given his struggles as the season went on.

Kind of hoping we draft that kicker from Georgia with a late rounder.

Not defending him, and I agree with you about Butker.  But most of his struggles were in the middle of the season.  He was actually nearly perfect over the last 5 or 6 games.  Of course, there was very little pressure on him at that point as we were getting blown out a lot.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

We are definitely going for a tank season with the moves we have made and I'm okay with it

37 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

We are definitely going for a tank season with the moves we have made and I'm okay with it

The signings we have made so far are largely low risk roster filling moves. Nothing of any real consequence or long term impact. Basically all these guys can be jettisoned if we find better players. I wouldn't read too much into the "tank" aspect based on those moves. You will have an idea about that when free agency begins.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

slye_signing16x9

I feel like I've seen this man playing a jug in a bluegrass band before, but I could be mistaken without a straw hat on him to be sure.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

How many misses were because DW couldn't block grandma in her power chair? I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

You know your OL vet is having a bad season when people can remember multiple instances of his ST breakdowns.