Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

BREAKING NEWS: David Tepper speaks on Cam Newton status with Panthers

29 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is what’s going to happen:

panthers sh1t on Cam in an ugly divorce. Claim he isn’t healthy, and move on. 

cam is released and signs with another team. Cam leads said team to playoffs and wins comeback player of the year. Panthers win 2 games next season and Ruhle’s seat is hot. 

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me. 

Seems to me like this is the full on Tepper show and Hurney is still here pretty much solely to be his rubber stamp and fall guy if need be if it all blows up.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Letting Cam play the final year of his contract is not rewarding him on past performance.  No one knows if Cam can play at a high level this year, but he deserves to be given the chance.  

Greg Olsen probably deserved better than to be unceremoniously released, but that's football.

Nobody "deserves" anything when it comes to football decisions. Believing somebody "deserves" to take up current cap space now because they contributed in prior years is Ron Rivera type "everybody deserves a happy ending" thinking. That's what gets you stupid contracts like what we gave Jake Delhomme in 2009.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Of course that’s what he said.  Cam’s not gone unless his health doesn’t check out and those that have been salivating at the mouth to get a good ol boy at QB will try to extrapolate more from Teppers comments than that, but that’s all it is.  Teppers not going to commit to Cam until his health status has been made clear.  If Tepper has proven anything its that he means what he says, nothing more nothing less. 

What do you mean by good ol boy?

• Pie 1

Watch out for Las Vegas. If they can't get Brady, they will need a QB to bring excitement to Vegas.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes and tepper’s happy ass will have an empty. Stadium if his team doesn’t produce.

It's look like that the last two years anyway. They say every game this it the 100th something straight sellout and half the stadium is empty. Don't think Tepper started that lol.

3 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He has answered the same question for weeks but said absolutely nothing positive about Cam, or that the team intends to have him lead the franchise next year. If he would have said one time that Cam, if healthy would be our guy, no one would speculate anything. 

Thats false,  lets be real....speculation never ends until helmet and pads are finally put on. Rhule just said recently they were gonna win a superbowl with cam and nobody believed him. I don't how Tepper is supposed to respond, if he tells everybody what they want to hear they will think he is lying, if he gives a skeptical answer then he  still looks bad. There isnt a perfect response to this. Everything gets broken down and dissected and ultimately everyone will just wait and see if he holds true to words till the season starts. Asking the same question over and over isnt gonna help anybody sleep better. This is just gonna keep going till its time to officially start making roster decisions.

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

When Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney was asked about quarterback Cam Newton‘s status last week, Hurney would only say that Newton is rehabbing from surgery to repair the foot injury that ended his 2019 season.

Newton’s health was front and center in Panthers owner David Tepper’s answer to a similar question on Tuesday. While Newton said he will “absolutely” be in Carolina this year, Tepper maintained that there isn’t much to discuss about Newton’s future until they know he’s healthy.

“Listen, I’m not a doctor,” Tepper said, via Steve Reed of the Associated Press. “I’ve said it a million times. Is he healthy? He’s not a doctor. There’s a lot of different things that can happen, but first is, is he healthy? Tell me that and then we can talk.”

It’s not clear what date the Panthers have in mind to make a call on Newton’s health and firm up their plans for the quarterback position in 2020 and it seems unlikely that their answers are going to change until they reach it.

-ProFootballTalk

Ruthless lol 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Ruthless lol 

I wish we had beat reporters with some guts. I would've immediately asked him about the Dolphins doctors who wouldn't sign off on Drew Brees' shoulder and his opinion on how well that worked out.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish we had beat reporters with some guts. I would've immediately asked him about the Dolphins doctors who wouldn't sign off on Drew Brees' shoulder and his opinion on how well that worked out.

He probably would have said are u a doctor? I didn't think so next question!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He probably would have said are u a doctor? I didn't think so next question