Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

NFL: Free agency speculation

On 2/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, thefuzz said:

Oh, he absolutely is....to some team.  Just not the Panthers in our current situation.

James is a very good corner, and will be paid as such by some team.

I said that Bradberry is not worth the franchise tag.  Only one team can franchise him--so I was only speaking from the Panther perspective.

Bradberry is a zone CB with length.  He is usually in position, but not what someone might call a ball hawk. No pro bowls--he averages 2 interceptions a year. He had a solid 2019.   Zone CBs that do not generate turnovers are not worth the tag price--or the equivalent of it. The franchise tag is projected to be $16m.  He will sign somewhere for about $11-12m or the team is foolish.

Edited by MHS831

5 hours ago, MMA said:

Vernon Hargreaves got released by Houston. 
Baltimore will be releasing Tony Jefferson. 

Both guys would improve this secondary. Hope Marty is paying attention. 

I get the feeling Marty has been locked down---not a bad thing, either.  But to pick up a value like Jefferson (28) who made about $8m per season---what Boston is asking for---is probably a good move--Coming off ACL surgery (October) might cause some concern, so I would not offer $8m--maybe half that.

As for Vernon Hargreaves, I pass.  He is fool's gold.  A bust.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:04 PM, Mr. Scot said:

It's complicated.

They certainly employ people who want to win, but the ownership (specifically, Mike Brown) doesn't care about it as much as he cares about making money. Hence, why he's notoriously stingy.

Remember how it was said that Jerry Richardson wasn't willing to spend huge money on things like scouting staff or firing bad coaches? The Bengals and other teams are like that too. The public doesn't see those things like they see players and player salaries, but they matter as well.

You have some teams, just like some companies, that want results but want them on the cheap. Meanwhile others (the Cowboys for example) are willing to spend money; they just have no frigging clue what they're doing.

Takes all kinds...

As someone said earlier this week, there are only like 10 organizations in the NFL that proceed like they know what they are doing. Then there are about 15 that try but they just do not have the formula. And then there are the bottom seven who have leadership/owners who have absolutely no reason to be in the NFL and could not under any circumstances build a winning team and organization if you gave them the blueprints.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Does Snow want to run more zone or man coverage?  If he wants more man there is no need for Bradberry. Bradberry is a solid zone corner, but I don’t think he is a lockdown man corner...

On 2/12/2020 at 3:55 PM, Ivan The Awesome said:

This is the thing I don't get with the whole Bengals Situation, if like some say, that they are NOT committed to winning, why on earth would they take Burrow and not just keep Andy Dalton? Makes no sense. 

Dalton isn't an idiot.  Clearly he wants to be a starter still and not play nurse-maid to some snot-nosed rookie.  I'm sure Andy is agreeable to, if not requesting, a trade if Burrow is drafted.

Sad that the best season in memory is a season we got upset in the Super Bowl .