Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Matthias

An odd scenario I'm curious about

Who would you vote for in this scenario?  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Bloomberg, Trump, or abstain from voting for president?

    • Bloomberg
    • Trump
    • abstain from voting for president


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, bull123 said:

interesting results...not a vote from you guys for bloomberg

He's cut from the same cloth as trump. It would be hypocritical to vote for one and not the other just because of what party he says he's affiliated with at the moment.

Trump is a democrat who became a republican when it gave him an opportunity to get in the white house. Bloomberg is a republican who became a democrat when he saw a chance to get in the white house. They both saw a weaknesses in the parties establishment and went out to exploit it. 

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Should have put in "write in candidate" as an option.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He's cut from the same cloth as trump. It would be hypocritical to vote for one and not the other just because of what party he says he's affiliated with at the moment.

Trump is a democrat who became a republican when it gave him an opportunity to get in the white house. Bloomberg is a republican who became a democrat when he saw a chance to get in the white house. They both saw a weaknesses in the parties establishment and went out to exploit it. 

Which also tells us that at the core, these parties are the same.  The only difference is there is possible room within the Democrat party where you could fight for justice.  The biggest problem with our politics is probably people themselves.  Instead of fighting and demanding agendas, folks whether worship politicians as if their gods.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking on Bloomberg, he's actually worse than Trump and it shouldn't surprise anyone in saying that.  The only difference between the two is that Trump is president.  If Bloomberg were to become president, you can officially kiss this democracy as people call it, goodbye.  I see this guy as a Sith Lord come to life.  This is how I feel about him....


 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's taken me a while to come around on this but at this point i'm pretty sure the most powerful thing i can do is leverage my vote and write in bernie.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just clicked Bloomberg in an Anybody But Trump moment but the truth is I'd prob sit out

 

 

I really want to take that click back

Edited by Inimicus
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Which also tells us that at the core, these parties are the same.  The only difference is there is possible room within the Democrat party where you could fight for justice.  The biggest problem with our politics is probably people themselves.  Instead of fighting and demanding agendas, folks whether worship politicians as if their gods.

Yep, both parties are run by people who are, at their core, opportunistic politicians who look after their own self interests and bank accounts ahead of their constituency. Their main interests are power and money and they'll do whatever it takes to attain and preserve that.

The fact that so many among the republican establishment were so hardcore against trump prior to him getting the nomination are now hardcore defenders show an incredible and embarrassing lack of integrity that I know runs rampant throughout the democrat establishment as well. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matthias said:

I believe none of us should stay home, but express how we feel on the ballot.  While a large enough group who decides to stay home sometimes is noticed, actually showing up and abstaining/writing in would have more impact.  It would say we did our part, but we weren't given anyone to vote for when we showed up.  Of course this is in the context of the two parties, and them placing certain candidates before us.

i mean if i write in, i would just write in bernie for president and leave the down-ballot races blank. if the democrats want to put bloomberg on the ticket then i'm not going to vote for any democrats, they can just enjoy their stop and frisk party without me. you can't say bloomberg belongs in your party as your presidential nominee, and then expect me to still favor or participate with anything regarding that party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i mean if i write in, i would just write in bernie for president and leave the down-ballot races blank. if the democrats want to put bloomberg on the ticket then i'm not going to vote for any democrats, they can just enjoy their stop and frisk party without me. you can't say bloomberg belongs in your party as your presidential nominee, and then expect me to still favor or participate with anything regarding that party.

^ ignorance at its finest.

President or bust. Amiright? (AKA privilege). 

Edited by Harbingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

^ ignorance at its finest.

President or bust. Amiright? (AKA privilege). 

pete or warren you can at least begin to make a case for that (as I have in the past) but bloomberg is trump with manners. it is utterly horrifying that he's a candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

pete or warren you can at least begin to make a case for that (as I have in the past) but bloomberg is trump with manners. it is utterly horrifying that he's a candidate.

And that has to do with your local election or even state election how again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do what I do in most elections, I would vote Libertarian, Green, or something else.  Truth is I think Bloomberg would be worse than Trump.  Especially the chances of eight years Bloomberg v. four years Trump.  As a person with a conscience however, Yemen, the Muslim ban, and other actions disqualify the orange ape from my vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

And that has to do with your local election or even state election how again?

i'm not going to write bernie in for county commissioner you idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i'm not going to write bernie in for county commissioner you idiot

So you unlike rodeo are going to go vote for the remaining offices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this comes to pass the Democrats are mega fuged as a party anyway and would get obliterated downballot.

Republicans are a coalition of mostly white boomers, rural residents, the rich, gun nuts, evangelicals, and (though the GOP isn't pulling them like they used to) white collar suburban people who think they're 100% self made and shouldn't have to pay taxes and that's their one issue.  Obviously there are some omissions   Those are high turnout groups. 

The Democrats win elections based on enthusiasm, and if you've thoroughly pissed and poo in the cornflakes of those on the left who might consider voting for you but aren't married to the idea, then you have no chance in the swing states.  If it's a fuging Bloombucks + Hill ticket Trump wins the popular vote, holds his 2016 rust belt wins, and probably takes Minnesota or Virginia on a coin flip.  Utter disaster.

e: oh yeah and Democrats lose the House with Republicans obviously holding the Senate.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...