Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Paa Langfart

Corona Virus thread

1 hour ago, CarolinaSock said:

I work in medical coding and specifically I code for ICU and pulmonary doctors. The hospitals I code for seem to have increased their testing and are getting the results back much faster than a week ago at least in the charlotte area. Last week I was seeing patients that had been admitted almost a week before they finally had results back, now the turn around seems to be a day in most cases. They are testing anyone with flu like symptoms or in respiratory distress. I know this is just anecdotal but at least in the charlotte area hospitals they seem to be getting much better with frequency and turnaround in testing.

I think the more rural areas are where the testing is tougher and more restrictive.  Major hospitals and cities do seem to finally be getting up to speed. 

But we really need to be ramped up more like the S Korea model where we are testing more of the non-symptomatic people.   We aren’t doing that really anywhere.  

2 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

only when it threatens a certain class of people. end of story. these people didn’t give a poo about the aids epidemic. many thought the victims deserved it. the difference? the rich didn’t feel threatened by it. it’s time to stop letting the rich decide who lives and who dies cwg. and that starts with this primary. the “opposition” party is hellbent on nominating a politician bought and paid for by pharmaceuticals who has vowed to veto medicare for all. should we continue to let the rich decide who’s worth saving, when that always, always means themselves and no one else? or should we do something about it?

We all know you won't do anything ... ever, other than retweet. Really do think you're a bot.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:04 PM, Harbingers said:

So if it’s free who’s paying the doctors? 

tax revenue you fuging simp. eat a curb

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

tax revenue you fuging simp. eat a curb

he’s been desperately trying to set up a “nothing the government does is free someone’s paying for it buddy”sMuLax0.png

harbingers must be living in 2008 or some poo

person a: ah poo i’m broke i guess there’s nothing i could possibly do with my child today because everything costs money

person b: hey just take them to the public park it’s free

harbingers: *slithers out of the toilet and into the living room, talking in rhyme like some fuged up cat in the hat*

well actually that’s false you see

because nothing is ever truly free...

person a: i’m calling the police

• Pie 5

14 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

person a: ah poo i’m broke i guess there’s nothing i could possibly do with my child today because everything costs money

person b: hey just take them to the public park it’s free

harbingers: *slithers out of the toilet and into the living room, talking in rhyme like some fuged up cat in the hat*

well actually that’s false you see

because nothing is ever truly free...

person a: i’m calling the police

police: sir why are you bothering the lady 

harbingers: no no it's for a documentary

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

police: sir why are you bothering the lady 

harbingers: no no it's for a documentary

harbingers: Also here is a check for $2,000 for coming here and providing your services, I am personally opposed to slavery and want to make sure you get paid. 

7 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

he’s been desperately trying to set up a “nothing the government does is free someone’s paying for it buddy”sMuLax0.png

harbingers must be living in 2008 or some poo

So you are suggesting something in 2008 was free? 

11 hours ago, CarolinaSock said:

I work in medical coding and specifically I code for ICU and pulmonary doctors. The hospitals I code for seem to have increased their testing and are getting the results back much faster than a week ago at least in the charlotte area. Last week I was seeing patients that had been admitted almost a week before they finally had results back, now the turn around seems to be a day in most cases. They are testing anyone with flu like symptoms or in respiratory distress. I know this is just anecdotal but at least in the charlotte area hospitals they seem to be getting much better with frequency and turnaround in testing.

A week to get results is nearly useless, you almost shouldn't even bother at that point.

One day is better in comparison yeah, but it's still far behind what other countries have had for weeks now.

35 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

A week to get results is nearly useless, you almost shouldn't even bother at that point.

One day is better in comparison yeah, but it's still far behind what other countries have had for weeks now.

We'd all like it to be faster, but its crazy to say waiting a week for results means people shouldn't even bother.

Based on everything I’ve read I think we’re gonna see 5k-10k deaths a day for awhile. This is not counting people who die for other reasons because they can’t get treatment for stuff. The numbers are gonna be shocking and really fuging scary for a minute.

We just saw over 1k deaths yesterday and this really hasn’t ramped up yet. Florida is gonna get fuged up bad especially. 

Mardi Gras did not turn out to well in the end either

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, stirs said:

Mardi Gras did not turn out to well in the end either

My friend is a private cook for rich people’s boats. Got fired because of this and got a quick apartment in New Orleans parish where the cases are concentrated. I just got off the phone with him. He said it is completely fuged there from what he’s seen and heard from other folks.

he thinks he got it back in late February. Was sick for 12 days. Had all the symptoms and was hospitalized. Said it took him a month to feel back to normal. Never got a test. 

Edited by TheRumGone

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

My friend is a private cook for rich people’s boats. Got fired because of this and got a quick apartment in New Orleans parish where the cases are concentrated. I just got off the phone with him. He said it is completely fuged there from what he’s seen and heard from other folks.

he thinks he got it back in late February. Was sick for 12 days. Had all the symptoms and was hospitalized. Said it took him a month to feel back to normal. Never got a test. 

a lot of people are dying in this country with cause of death reported as acute respiratory distress syndrome or pneumonia. the number of deaths, no matter what the final total might say, is going to be massively underreported. im in nc and i heard from healthcare professionals that their hospital was slammed back when their county was only reporting in the single digits and i’ve heard elsewhere that people dying before their tests come back aren’t being included in the death count in some places.

i think people were right when they said that the government was covering its ass when they began to accuse the chinese government of under reporting cases. but i also think that was massive projection. we’re already doing it.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1