Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Paa Langfart

Corona Virus thread

42 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

a lot of people are dying in this country with cause of death reported as acute respiratory distress syndrome or pneumonia. the number of deaths, no matter what the final total might say, is going to be massively underreported. im in nc and i heard from healthcare professionals that their hospital was slammed back when their county was only reporting in the single digits and i’ve heard elsewhere that people dying before their tests come back aren’t being included in the death count in some places.

i think people were right when they said that the government was covering its ass when they began to accuse the chinese government of under reporting cases. but i also think that was massive projection. we’re already doing it.

The same type of thing occurred during the initial stages of the AIDS epidemic. People were dying and the cause of death was never listed as "AIDS." it was always listed as another condition which was exacerbated by AIDS.

My embarrassingly Trumpist, conspiracy theorist brother in law has been ranting for weeks how COVID-19 was a huge conspiracy and that people weren't dying from the virus, but they were dying for other reasons. No poo, Sherlock. 

And as long as this fugging administration does nothing but continue to deflect blame, deny responsibility and essentially tell the citizens of this country, "You're on your own," we're all fugged. And if you don't believe Trump's Washington has said, "You're on your own," I'd simply ask you this- what the fug has the White House actually done to help anyone to this point?

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

My friend is a private cook for rich people’s boats. Got fired because of this and got a quick apartment in New Orleans parish where the cases are concentrated. I just got off the phone with him. He said it is completely fuged there from what he’s seen and heard from other folks.

he thinks he got it back in late February. Was sick for 12 days. Had all the symptoms and was hospitalized. Said it took him a month to feel back to normal. Never got a test. 

I had something similar in late February as well. All of the symptoms except for a cough, and it lasted two weeks. I've never had a fever for three days solid. It was wild. Never felt like my life was in danger though. I had really bad digestive problems at the beginning, and so when I tested negative for the flu, they told me I probably had a stomach virus. I had chills and night sweats for two weeks on and off. Took me about a month to get back to normal as well. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

I had something similar in late February as well. All of the symptoms except for a cough, and it lasted two weeks. I've never had a fever for three days solid. It was wild. Never felt like my life was in danger though. I had really bad digestive problems at the beginning, and so when I tested negative for the flu, they told me I probably had a stomach virus. I had chills and night sweats for two weeks on and off. Took me about a month to get back to normal as well. 

Right there with ya. Mid-February my wife got sick, flu-like symptoms, fever, headaches, chills, etc. and she got passed the worst of it in a  4-5 days, but she had lingering stuff for another few weeks- small cough, sinuses, etc. Ears! Both of us had the same plugged, water in the ear stuff going on.

Then I got it right behind her. Look, I never get sick. I might catch a 48-hour cold-like bug, usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and that's it. But when I got what she had, I hadn't been that sick in decades. Fever, sweats, chills, aches that went on for a week or so and it knocked the crap out of me. It took me 10 days or so to get passed it all.

We traveled to Aruba at the end of Feb, 1st week of March for a week and I was pretty much done with it then. Whatever I was still feeling at that point was my ears, which the pressurized cabin made worse. But I was completely fine after a day or 2 in the 80+ weather down there.  

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

a lot of people are dying in this country with cause of death reported as acute respiratory distress syndrome or pneumonia. the number of deaths, no matter what the final total might say, is going to be massively underreported. im in nc and i heard from healthcare professionals that their hospital was slammed back when their county was only reporting in the single digits and i’ve heard elsewhere that people dying before their tests come back aren’t being included in the death count in some places.

i think people were right when they said that the government was covering its ass when they began to accuse the chinese government of under reporting cases. but i also think that was massive projection. we’re already doing it.

Read what doctors and nurses are tweeting out and filming. They are being threatened with losing their jobs if they speak out.  This is gonna be a disaster of epic proportions. And we are not much different than China in terms of silencing info getting out.

Edited by TheRumGone

21 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And we are not much different than China in terms of silencing info getting out.

we are worse lol. the narrative on china flipped from "they're just using this as an excuse to crack down on resistance" to "they're covering up the true extent of this virus" when in hindsight it sure appears as though they treated it more seriously than uh...just about everyone else without the benefit of being able to sit back and watch it infect thousands long before it reached their country. i've been watching mainstream news lately since i'm home more and that's where you see the number go up and it's been driving me insane to see jake tapper go on cnn and preface all reporting on china with "that's according to the chinese government who we all know blah blah blah" like motherfuger donald trump is your president and the opposition party encouraged people to go out and vote in the middle of this poo.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

we are worse lol. the narrative on china flipped from "they're just using this as an excuse to crack down on resistance" to "they're covering up the true extent of this virus" when in hindsight it sure appears as though they treated it more seriously than uh...just about everyone else without the benefit of being able to sit back and watch it infect thousands long before it reached their country. i've been watching mainstream news lately since i'm home more and that's where you see the number go up and it's been driving me insane to see jake tapper go on cnn and preface all reporting on china with "that's according to the chinese government who we all know blah blah blah" like motherfuger donald trump is your president and the opposition party encouraged people to go out and vote in the middle of this poo.

I know. I was speaking in terms of “whistleblowers” China seems to make doctors literally disappear. While here in America we just fire them. 

as far as who is handling this worse China or USA it is not even a question worth discussing. We are going to be the worst hit by this in the world besides maybe India. Iran is obviously up there because of inhumane sanctions and other reasons. But population wise US and India are going to get fuged up epically. I’m not trying to freak out but I think this is gonna be the biggest event in human history that I can remember (and I’m a history major) based on economic and health devastation. I hope I’m wrong. 

19 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

only when it threatens a certain class of people. end of story. these people didn’t give a poo about the aids epidemic. many thought the victims deserved it. the difference? the rich didn’t feel threatened by it. it’s time to stop letting the rich decide who lives and who dies cwg. and that starts with this primary. the “opposition” party is hellbent on nominating a politician bought and paid for by pharmaceuticals who has vowed to veto medicare for all. should we continue to let the rich decide who’s worth saving, when that always, always means themselves and no one else? or should we do something about it?

Hey, I'm a Star Trek utopian. But humanity has let me down. I've come to believe that only a major, most likely catastrophic, event will tear down enough to start a new process that will offer us another chance to change what a society is. Right now I am happy with continued baby steps forward (left) and perhaps the long slow process will make it happen less abuptly.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I know. I was speaking in terms of “whistleblowers” China seems to make doctors literally disappear. While here in America we just fire them. 

as far as who is handling this worse China or USA it is not even a question worth discussing. We are going to be the worst hit by this in the world besides maybe India. Iran is obviously up there because of inhumane sanctions and other reasons. But population wise US and India are going to get fuged up epically. I’m not trying to freak out but I think this is gonna be the biggest event in human history that I can remember (and I’m a history major) based on economic and health devastation. I hope I’m wrong. 

India’s numbers will be crazy.  They have a billion more people than us. Have legit slums and are stacked on top of each other. 

Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, are also gonna be brutal are pretty comparable to us in terms of population but much more crammed together. 

21 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Hey, I'm a Star Trek utopian. But humanity has let me down. I've come to believe that only a major, most likely catastrophic, event will tear down enough to start a new process that will offer us another chance to change what a society is. Right now I am happy with continued baby steps forward (left) and perhaps the long slow process will make it happen less abuptly.

what exactly do you think is happening right now

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

Blood sign.jpg

After resisting a statewide stay-at-home order for days, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) succumbed to the pressure and issued one on Wednesday. Part of the reason, he said, was that he had just learned some new information.

Kemp said he was “finding out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs.”

“Those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours,” he said. He added that the state’s top doctor told him “this is a game-changer.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-gov-brian-kemp-who-resisted-strict-coronavirus-measures-says-he-just-learned-it-transmits-asymptomatically/ar-BB124ss2?li=BBnb7Kz

JFC