Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Brace for impact. At the current trajectory, we're looking at 100,000 dead Americans 10 days from now. Let's hope that curve begins to flatten. The last two data points indicate that we may be seeing the beginnings of that.

EUdxKL_U8AANSJk.jpg:large

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brace for impact. At the current trajectory, we're looking at 100,000 dead Americans 10 days from now. Let's hope that curve begins to flatten. The last two data points indicate that we may be seeing the beginnings of that.

EUdxKL_U8AANSJk.jpg:large

NC looks to be flattening out quite a bit. We’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The interesting one for me is Washington. Early on it looked like the Seattle area was going to be what NYC ended up becoming. Instead, they'll be dropping out of the top 10 states very soon. They're barely hanging on at #10 as it is.

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

from talking to friends in the healthcare industry here i don't think that's the case.    people are being advised to not get tested, and to not go to the hospital if they can still breathe.   

37 minutes ago, raz said:

from talking to friends in the healthcare industry here i don't think that's the case.    people are being advised to not get tested, and to not go to the hospital if they can still breathe.   

thats a pretty low standard... dont go if you can breathe.. jesus.

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The interesting one for me is Washington. Early on it looked like the Seattle area was going to be what NYC ended up becoming. Instead, they'll be dropping out of the top 10 states very soon. They're barely hanging on at #10 as it is.

Medical research is huge in Seattle, they were probably the most ready for this

18 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Maybe in the medical response but I don't think that has anything to do with how well they've handled the spread.

19 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

They shut stuff down pretty early on.  I work with a supplier out of Seattle and they shut down the facility and were working from home (where possible) before it was even a thought in my mind that other areas would start doing the same.

30 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

My friend is a nurse in Seattle. They were anything but ready for this. His hospital had 6 masks for the entire hospital when this started. They still don’t have enough PPE. The only place that could handle testing was the university of Washington. For a while, they were closing on the weekends. Total WTF stuff.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t even look at an overall chart of American cases. I’d look at each state as an individual country. There’s gonna be peaks at different times across the country. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/chicago-er-doctor-explains-why-coronavirus-pandemic-scares-him/

here’s another vid from a doctor in West Chicago.

Edited by TheRumGone

2 hours ago, raz said:

This was the advice given to me.  Stay home unless I have trouble breathing, then head to ER immediately. Pretty much don't waste a test and medical staffs time if I'm not in serious trouble.  

• Pie 1

Just now, Wyank said:

This was the advice given to me.  Stay home unless I have trouble breathing, then head to ER immediately. Pretty much don't waste a test and medical staffs time if I'm not in serious trouble.  

That's basically how I understand it here in CO too. If you think you have it but you're not having trouble breathing, just stay your ass at home and isolate. We'll probably never really have a clue how many people actually had this thing.

Posted (edited)

poo is about to hit the fan in Charlotte.  Atrium is calling for field hospital, expects massive explosion of new cases.

Edited by Ja Rhule