Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
fitty76

Streaming Recomondations

Since we are all stuck in our homes for the foreseeable future what are some TV shows and movies we should watch?  

If you have a library card you can subscribe to Kanopy.  There are quite a few movies on it.  A lot of foreign classics.  (8 1/2 and Breathless).  I'm watching Ace in the Hole right now with Kirk Douglas.  Quentin Tarantino says it is one of his favorite movies.  

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, fitty76 said:

If you have a library card...

Wow... reading that sent my brain into major recall... and I'm 64!

• Pie 1

My wife got me to start watching Westworld and I'm hooked.  Its important to watch from the beginning though, its not something you should pick up part way thru.

If you have HBO, and are a fan of the Viking shows that are all out right now, check out Beforeigners. It's a Norwegian police procedural with a neat spin. It's subtitled, but easy to follow. I really enjoyed it and haven't seen a lot of mentions of it online. 

The Last Kingdom - Netflix (This one is really really good. Catch up before the new season starts in April)

The Outsider - HBO

The Leftovers - HBO

Game of Thrones - HBO

The Blacklist - Netflix and NBC

HBO: Barry, Six Feet Under, Vice Principals, Boardwalk Empire, Silicon Valley, Oz, Succession, Getting On

Showtime: House of Lies, Californication, The Big C, Weeds, Shameless, Ray Donovan, The Chi, Nurse Jackie, Escape at Dannemora

I left off the very popular ones most people probably saw- Sopranos, The Wire, GOT, etc.

• Pie 1

Started watching Picard last weekend, and so far, its great.  Trying to pace myself though as we may be stuck at home for a while.  

Currently watching "Broadchurch" on Netlix...  Just finished season 2 of 3...  Have really enjoyed it....  My favorite, tho, on Netflix is "Wentworth"....

• Poo 1

Starting to watch some older movies I haven't seen in a while, too. Right now I have Platoon and Glengarry Glenross on the DVR along with a couple others. I watched Employee of the Month last night....

• Beer 1

I still go to work everyday. 

6 hours ago, Shufdog said:

I still go to work everyday. 

Me too, but dinner out is no longer an option and one of my dogs had canine ACL (CCL) surgery yesterday and his rehab is 12 weeks.