Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Sean Payton's Vicodin

what will you do when Hurney trades our first rounder for 2021?

Recommended Posts



16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't necessarily disagree. I'm basically just saying that addressing the QB situation is really the only way it makes sense to part with next year's 1st because parting with next year's 1st essentially takes a franchise QB prospect off the table in next year's draft.

Maybe it’s just me, and certainly a lot can change between now and next year, but I think outside of the top 2 (Trevor and Fields) this years crop through the first few round‘s are better than 2021, so unless we legit tank this year, I don’t think the QB solution is in the 2021 draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, t96 said:

Maybe it’s just me, and certainly a lot can change between now and next year, but I think outside of the top 2 (Trevor and Fields) this years crop through the first few round‘s are better than 2021, so unless we legit tank this year, I don’t think the QB solution is in the 2021 draft.

We'll see. A lot can change in a year. This time last year most considered Joe Burrow a mid-late round draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

 This time last year most considered Joe Burrow a mid-late round draft pick.

I'm not sure those people aren't right.  Burrow really reeks of being a system QB.  Looking at his stats from the year prior, he was very average.  How much of his turnaround was him, and how much was the radical change in system?  I don't know, but I'm glad I don't have to pick first.  I would be terrified of Joe Burrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i'll yawn and put my hand on my face and think - oh god, not again.  and then i'll look and see we could have gotten that player in the 4th

Edited by raz
  • Flames 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrianS said:

I'm not sure those people aren't right.  Burrow really reeks of being a system QB.  Looking at his stats from the year prior, he was very average.  How much of his turnaround was him, and how much was the radical change in system?  I don't know, but I'm glad I don't have to pick first.  I would be terrified of Joe Burrow.

 

On the flip side, how much was he held back by the previous antiquated system. I mean, he was basically playing in a John Fox offense. Only time will tell. I won't really be shocked either way it turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I wouldn't be mad a Hurney. Tepper is the one that is letting this poo happen and continuing to happen. 

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the power Rhule has been given, I'd think this would be a Rhule move before Hurney.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

  • Milkshake 1
  • Flames 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how a potential no season in 2020 is being discussed with regards to draft strategy. If at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WelshPanther said:

I wonder how a potential no season in 2020 is being discussed with regards to draft strategy. If at all

Unless there has been a lot of talk about the real possibility of this behind the scenes, I doubt it's being taken into much account at all. Until you're pretty damn sure there's not gonna be a season you have to continue to prepare as if there will be. The way the free agency market has played out points to teams continuing to prepare that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly

 

 

 

 

At that point 

Just laugh.

 

 

Because Its Hurney being Hurney

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...