Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WOW!!

We need to come out of this draft with??

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Lol at you bringing up Lewan and Matthews. Those two aren’t soft and lazy. Don’t compare those two to Little again.

The point is Oline play is totally different in college and the transition from college OT to Pro OT is way bigger then ppl here know.. So don't expect any rookie OT to be good  or avg. his 1st couple season.. Perfect practice is for them to sit or play another position for a year or 2..  Until they are better and developed mentally and physically for the pro game.. And at no point can you judge them after 1 season.. 

Edited by WOW!!

Our most immediate needs:

- iOL (possible starter)

- DT (2 of them) 

- LB (depth)

- CB (we need at least 3) 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Jake Matthews was 154th ranked OT his rookie season.. By some ppl opinion he sucked and the Falcons should have drafted another LT in 2015... lol

Taylor Lewan 172nd ranked OT that year...lol

Matthews wasn't prone to concussions as Little was his first year and Matthews did play through a sprain and LIttle came out of the game with his and didn't play anymore.  We don't know how Little will respond to 2 concussions that kept him out for most of the year.  He might not have another but that is highly unlikely since once you get one you normally are acceptable to more as Luke was after his first.  That is one reason there are question concerning Little and his time at left tackle and why a move to the Right side might be beneficial to him and the team.

Lewan only played 11 games and after six was sidelined for injuries his rookie year.  They don't say what the injuries were but it seems that it wasn't for concussions.  I understand about the concussion and how it makes you feel, but he sustained two in a year and there should be a concern there.  So Jake played through his sprain for the year and sucked.  Taylor played through his until the coach staff shut him down.  I am not the only one who sees a problem with Little at LT.                       http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034530/article/bengals-rookie-ot-jonah-williams-likely-to-miss-season

Edited by cmichd
insert a cite quote

3 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Matthews wasn't prone to concussions as Little was his first year and Matthews did play through a sprain and LIttle came out of the game with his and didn't play anymore.  We don't know how Little will respond to 2 concussions that kept him out for most of the year.  He might not have another but that is highly unlikely since once you get one you normally are acceptable to more as Luke was after his first.  That is one reason there are question concerning Little and his time at left tackle and why a move to the Right side might be beneficial to him and the team.

Lewan only played 11 games and after six was sidelined for injuries his rookie year.  They don't say what the injuries were but it seems that it wasn't for concussions.  I understand about the concussion and how it makes you feel, but he sustained two in a year and there should be a concern there.  So Jake played through his sprain for the year and sucked.  Taylor played through his until the coach staff shut him down.  I am not the only one who sees a problem with Little at LT.

I don't see you screaming about Wr.. DJ had a concussion last year that ended his season... Jonah Williams didn't play 1 game due to a season ending injury.. Nobody is screaming OT for Cinncy.. 

So is this a criteria now???.. We give up on all players who suffer a concussion and look for their replacement after 1 rookie season??? Huh

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good football players. We need to come out of this draft with good football players. 

Good football players who are not in the 5th percentile in athletic ability.  

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I don't see you screaming about Wr.. DJ had a concussion last year that ended his season... Jonah Williams didn't play 1 game due to a season ending injury.. Nobody is screaming OT for Cinncy.. 

So is this a criteria now???.. We give up on all players who suffer a concussion and look for their replacement after 1 rookie season??? Huh

Jonah Williams had an injury that shut him down the whole season.  We will see how he does this year.  There is a big difference in having a year ending injury in mini camp.     

"The Cincinnati Bengals received some awful summer-break news: First-round pick Jonah Williams will likely miss the entire 2019 season.

The team announced the rookie left tackle underwent left shoulder surgery Tuesday to repair a torn labrum that is likely to sideline him for the entire year. The 21-year-old is expected to make a full recovery, the Bengals added.

Williams sat out minicamp with an injury new coach Zac Taylor described as "dinged up." After seeing the doctor, it turned out much worse for Williams."  Little did not impress during preseason and then he got hurt.  Williams injury is much different than Little's.  Well with TeddyB being a Left handed QB it won't be his blind side when he lets them blow by him.  Now we know why we got a left handed QB.  Too make sure he he could see the pass rush coming from the strong side.   No wonder you weren't concern about his ability to cover the blind side.

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I would say giving up 14 pressures in ONE game might have something to do with it. 

Wasn’t any need to give up on him after some of us predicted the poor play. Now, the Panthers are paying a LT 13M to “teach” him how to play. While he may or may not play G. Sure seems like the team isn’t convinced of what he will be. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Jonah Williams had an injury that shut him down the whole season.  We will see how he does this year.  There is a big difference in having a year ending injury in mini camp.     

"The Cincinnati Bengals received some awful summer-break news: First-round pick Jonah Williams will likely miss the entire 2019 season.

The team announced the rookie left tackle underwent left shoulder surgery Tuesday to repair a torn labrum that is likely to sideline him for the entire year. The 21-year-old is expected to make a full recovery, the Bengals added.

Williams sat out minicamp with an injury new coach Zac Taylor described as "dinged up." After seeing the doctor, it turned out much worse for Williams."  Little did not impress during preseason and then he got hurt.  Williams injury is much different than Little's.  Well with TeddyB being a Left handed QB it won't be his blind side when he lets them blow by him.  Now we know why we got a left handed QB.  Too make sure he he could see the pass rush coming from the strong side.   No wonder you weren't concern about his ability to cover the blind side.

Little barley had practice reps .. Missed most of TC due to injuries and pre season..

If you so easily can make excuses for other teams players (who walterfootball breakdown you liked) .. Then it shouldn't be that hard that a Rookie with little practice reps and TC .. Transitioning to 1 of the hardest position on the field.. Isn't going to look great when thrown out there.. Especially when history tells you that even in normal situations (full TC and Pre season rep. And practice)  rookie OT aren't good...

Just seem very suspect how easily it is to give up on Little and Daley...

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I would say giving up 14 pressures in ONE game might have something to do with it. 

Wasn’t any need to give up on him after some of us predicted the poor play. Now, the Panthers are paying a LT 13M to “teach” him how to play. While he may or may not play G. Sure seems like the team isn’t convinced of what he will be. 

I'm sorry I didn't know a rookie OT with little to know preseason is supposed to be good.. When has that happened before?? When has throwing rookie players into the fire worked??

Just a question.. Have some of you been fooled by Cam and Luke to think that all rookies come and are supposed  to be"solid" players day one 1?? No matter the situation??

Edited by WOW!!

You know we are awful when LT/OL  isn't a "pressing need" and our Oline gave up 58 sacks (T-1st) in the NFL last year....sigh

Just now, WOW!! said:

I'm sorry I didn't know a rookie OT with little to know preseason is supposed to be good.. When has that happened before?? When has throwing rookie players into the fire worked??

When has any LT given up 14 pressures in a game? Seriously? I’ve never heard of it before. You are basically demanding that people disregard everything that led to this team getting a tutor for 13M. If the team wAs encouraged. I doubt they take his job away. What day of his career can we “officially” say he sux? Cause I guess I’m doing it wrong by saying it would happen before they are even drafted. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

When has any LT given up 14 pressures in a game? Seriously? I’ve never heard of it before. You are basically demanding that people disregard everything that led to this team getting a tutor for 13M. If the team wAs encouraged. I doubt they take his job away. What day of his career can we “officially” say he sux? Cause I guess I’m doing it wrong by saying it would happen before they are even drafted. 

I don't know but I have seen rookie CB give up 300 yards to 1 WR in a game... Come back and actually show improvement later in that season.. 

The whole reason I feel they are committed to giving Little and Daley a shot is due to the "13 mill" guy being here.. If he wasn't it would be stupid to hand the job to Little, Daley or a rookie this year... They tried it last year with a "7 mill" guy and he sucked so bad he got Cam killed.. So Hopefully bringing in a better quality Vet is the answer to help transition your already drafted assets...

But my problem with you ppl is you're acting like the context to the situation didn't happened... 

Did you expect a rookie OT with way below the practice reps (due to injuries) to be thrown into the fire a play well??? If you did then your expectations levels need to be checked...

Oh what day can you officially say somebody sucks?? I don't know can we give him more then 4 games in a injury riddle rookie season... Greg Robinson got 4 years 2 suspension and a drug arrest.. Can we give little and Daley more then 4 games?? poo we gave Kugblila and Amini  3 years...

Edited by WOW!!

At this point the OT thing is a agree to disagree situation..

I believe in trying to find something out of assets already accrued before giving them up after 4 games...

You guys want to blow it up and start again.. No matter the context to the situation..

The way it looks right now (which I could be seeing it wrong) is some of you are really going to be disappointed on draft day...

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't know but I have seen rookie CB give up 300 yards to 1 WR in a game... Come back and actually show improvement later in that season.. 

The whole reason I feel they are committed to giving Little and Daley a shot is due to the "13 mill" guy being here.. If he wasn't it would be stupid to hand the job to Little, Daley or a rookie this year... They tried it last year with a "7 mill" guy and he sucked so bad he got Cam killed.. So Hopefully bringing in a better quality Vet is the answer to help transition your already drafted assets...

But my problem with you ppl is you're acting like the context to the situation didn't happened... 

Did you expect a rookie OT with way below the practice reps (due to injuries) to be thrown into the fire a play well??? If you did then your expectations levels need to be checked...

Oh what day can you officially say somebody sucks?? I don't know can we give him more then 4 games in a injury riddle rookie season... Greg Robinson got 4 years 2 suspension and a drug arrest.. Can we give little and Daley more then 4 games?? poo we gave Kugblila and Amini  3 years...

So if Little plays LT well this year, it means nothing? Because if his faults can’t be discussed without blood vessel’s bursting, nothing he does well matters either. And Greg Robinson is your example? That’s adorable. He has forever sucked. 

Or do we just continue to cherry-pick what is.....ah hell forget it. I’m passed playing list of excuses for everything. Just make up whatever you need to be right. That’s where this ends up anyhow. 

Edited by Toomers