Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheCasillas

Curtis Samuel just unfollowed the panthers twitter/instagram account

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

In 2020 Curtis Samuel.....is gonna lead the Panther WRs  in TD catches for the 3rd consecutive year. 

He ain’t going nowhere.  It makes no sense.  Samuel should thrive in a Brady/Teddy scheme. 

We already passed the window where it would makes sense to deal him IMO. 

Let’s say he does that, would you pay 15+ million per year for him to stay after this year? Leading the panthers in rec tds three years in a row would warrant that. poo. funchess got 11mil.

or would you take a third round pick for him now?

Posted (edited)

Watch Marty Hurney trade Samuel AND #69 pick to Redskins for their 3rd

Edited by TheSpecialJuan

Just now, Shocker said:

If it is for 66 thats a decent trade

Only if Mims is still there. 4 years of Mims for 1 year of Samuel is a steal for us.

Just now, t96 said:

Only if Mims is still there. 4 years of Mims for 1 year of Samuel is a steal for us.

He just went to Jets

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Let’s say he does that, would you pay 15+ million per year for him to stay after this year? Leading the panthers in rec tds three years in a row would warrant that. poo. funchess got 11mil.

Pretty sure we could franchise tag him if we wanted to after next season

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He is young and explosive....and currently cheap. 

And he easily could be in for a breakout season.  Why not see? 

I personally don’t want to watch CMC get 5 million touches this year and want to watch some exciting players (and we have lost a lot of them). 

I mean it wouldn’t be absurd to suggest be might could be our best WR in 2020.  That ain’t a knock on Moore but Samuel is also super young and we don’t fully know what we got in either yet.   

I just don’t see why you deal that type playmaker. He has been the 2nd most explosive Panther since he arrived. 

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Pretty sure we could franchise tag him if we wanted to after next season

The franchise tag for a receiver is even more than what i proposed...

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He is young and explosive....and currently cheap. 

And he easily could be in for a breakout season.  Why not see? 

I personally don’t want to watch CMC get 5 million touches this year and want to watch some exciting players (and we have lost a lot of them). 

The bulk of touches outside of cmc are going to dj, Robby, and Ian. Not Samuel. We need a true slot receiver who catches the ball wit his hands not his body.

A “why not see” would cost us any value in return, or an empty paycheck.

• Pie 2

Just now, TheCasillas said:

The bulk of touches outside of cmc are going to dj, Robby, and Ian. Not Samuel. We need a true slot receiver who catches the ball wit his hands not his body.

I think better things will happen when Samuel touches the ball than Robby.  

And again, I don’t want CMC to have a 2019 load in 2020.  

Samuel is a MUCH better pairing IMO with Teddy in a Joe Brady offense than Robby Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The franchise tag for a receiver is even more than what i proposed...

Franchise tag and then trade him if you don't want to give him a contract.

It just doesn't make sense to trade him when we are able to use him as a runner or receiver in a ton of different looks. No other receiver on the board is capable of that. Let's see how he looks in Joe Brady's offense, which should be a signfiicant upgrade over Norv's antiquated offense, before we get rid of him

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Ummm... No.... 

Ian Thomas will not have more targets or receptions than Samuel. Robby is a deep threat WR that probably will have less targets and receptions than Samuel also.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think better things will happen when Samuel touches the ball than Robby.  

And again, I don’t want CMC to have a 2019 load in 2020.  

Samuel is a MUCH better pairing IMO with Teddy in a Joe Brady offense than Robby Anderson. 

Anything specific ?