Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Day 3 Draft Discussion

Huh?  Didn't see that one coming.

Our OL is going to be such trash. Not that I expected to address everything in a year, but still...a guard who could compete for a starting spot would be nice.

Wow. Another safety.  Those of you who wanted safties for the last 10 years are getting your wish in one draft. 

Why wasn’t this guy available as a free agent like the other XFL guys?

Huh? Did we draft an XFL player when we could have signed them last week without using a draft pick? Did I miss something?

Interesting... the first non-"character" pick of the draft.

Keep in mind that Shinn might end up as a LB in a couple seasons, a la TD

It’s been a great draft so far but this one’s a head scratcher for sure 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-xfl-safety-kenny-robinson-jr-projects-as-one-of-the-best-playmakers-in-the-2020-nfl-draft-class

After being one of the best safeties in college football in 2017 and 2018, allowing less than 45% of the passes into his coverage to be completed, he dominated the XFL by intercepting two of the eight passes into his coverage while generating one quarterback pressure and five stops for the St. Louis BattleHawks. He intercepted seven passes and broke up another five as a collegiate player, and — as you’ll see below — he projects as one of the best playmakers in the class as a result.

John Pentol

Kenny Robinson has the most unique story in this years draft. He will become the first player to ever be drafted after spending time in college and the XFL. During his time in Morgantown, Robinson gave 150% on the field as he was leaned on to be a leader for a young secondary. I could see him going in the 5th round to the Carolina Panthers who could use another weapon in their secondary.

This guy knew. 

1 minute ago, Reebis21 said:

Why wasn’t this guy available as a free agent like the other XFL guys?

Hasn’t been out of HS long enough 

I know we weren't rebuilding the entire offensive line in a single draft, but at least one would have been nice.

Just now, MrBubba said:

First oddball pick

It took Hurney 5 rounds, so I can't be too mad.  I heard in an interview since he had XFL experience, he'd be the most NFL ready rookie in the class.