Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobowilson

DTs who do not generate double digit sacks do not make the Hall of Fame (Brown's ceiling?)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Penis

And this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


So if he is not a HOF’er but everything else great.... does that mean he was worth the pick?

this seems to be some flawed logic OP. We drafted the BPA while also plugging a huge hole. Literally and figuratively 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So if he is not a HOF’er but everything else great.... does that mean he was worth the pick?

this seems to be some flawed logic OP. We drafted the BPA while also plugging a huge hole. Literally and figuratively 

When picking that high in the draft, you absolutely do need to be aiming for generational talent.

No other way to get back to the Super Bowl unless you think you're going to find generational talent in free agency.

Look at the guys we've picked in the top 10 the past 20 years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually agree with many of your points, but holy poo you word them so badly. it's like you're tripping over your words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We dont draft guys because we think they will be in the HOF. We draft guys to win titles. That's all I care about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You must think you're Nostradamus reincarnated, if you can tell who can and can't, or will and won't, make the HOF before they ever don a jock at the Pro level.

It's tiresome to see some off the wall thread like this, which is so irrelevant to the events of today, or to the future of the TEAM (and yes, it's still a team sport.  do you really think Brown gives a f___ about the HOF?  He wants to help his team win games.)

And when I see such a thread, which posits an untenable idea, then argues with every response he gets, I figure it's just to bait clicks.  I'm going to bed.  Now have the last word, again.

Go Panthers.  Keep pounding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you expect to win a game without the guarantee that the guy you drafted 2 days ago isn't making the HOF?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are overselling Simmons. Hes just a fast OLB.  In a couple years no one will really remember him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fletcher Cox in college season only had 8 sacks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, beo said:

i actually agree with many of your points, but holy poo you word them so badly. it's like you're tripping over your words. 

Good catch actually

Had a stroke in 2017, still trying to rehabilitate verbal fluency.   Good practice on forums.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would first argue that a DT doesn't have to have double digit sack numbers for multiple years to go to the HOF.

The Eagles DT Fletcher Cox only had 1 season over 9 sacks (10.5) and most people would agree that he will go to the HOF when he retires, so I don't think a DT has to have double digit sack totals in multiple years to go to the HOF.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14941/fletcher-cox

McCoy never had more than 9.5 sacks https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13240/gerald-mccoy

In fact only one DT comes to mind with sacks like that the best to play DT Warren Sapp, but if Derrick Brown can play as good as Cox, McCoy, Suh

I highly doubt anyone would complain about his production & value to the Carolina Panthers.
I'll go ahead and say it right now (as long as he isn't injured) I think Derrick Brown will go down as the best DT to ever play or ever will play in a Panthers outfit (McCoy's one year wasn't as significant as the rest of his career, going only by how they played DT while they were a Panther not with other teams).

Can throw this back in my face if I'm wrong, but I dont think I'll be wrong.  Simply watch the tape on that guy, and add the fact that they drafted an edge rusher & DBs that can press receivers so that the QB can't just dump the ball right away.. man the Offense might stink this year, but it'll be fun watching the Defense play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

I would first argue that a DT doesn't have to have double digit sack numbers for multiple years to go to the HOF.

The Eagles DT Fletcher Cox only had 1 season over 9 sacks (10.5) and most people would agree that he will go to the HOF when he retires, so I don't think a DT has to have double digit sack totals in multiple years to go to the HOF.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14941/fletcher-cox

McCoy never had more than 9.5 sacks https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13240/gerald-mccoy

In fact only one DT comes to mind with sacks like that the best to play DT Warren Sapp, but if Derrick Brown can play as good as Cox, McCoy, Suh

I highly doubt anyone would complain about his production & value to the Carolina Panthers.
I'll go ahead and say it right now (as long as he isn't injured) I think Derrick Brown will go down as the best DT to ever play or ever will play in a Panthers outfit (McCoy's one year wasn't as significant as the rest of his career, going only by how they played DT while they were a Panther not with other teams).

Can throw this back in my face if I'm wrong, but I dont think I'll be wrong.  Simply watch the tape on that guy, and add the fact that they drafted an edge rusher & DBs that can press receivers so that the QB can't just dump the ball right away.. man the Offense might stink this year, but it'll be fun watching the Defense play.

 

If he is better than Kris Jenkins, that will be huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobowilson said:

This feels reactionary...

your entire argument is reactionary, since we haven’t actually seen the new defense play yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobowilson said:

Christian McCaffrey

Certainly not a HoF'er this early in his career.

Quote

Luke Kuechly

Considering his early retirement, borderline-HoF'er.  A longer career at his rate of performance would have been a shoe-in.

 

Quote

Cam Newton

Absolutely needs a few more productive years at QB before he is a HoF'er.  (And he is my favorite NFL player of all time.)

 

Quote

Jordan Gross

Not a HoF'er.  Ever.  Not even close.

 

Quote

Julius Peppers

Shoe-in.  Automatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you but the huddle will tell you he is a pass rusher so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...