Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

Did Rhule lie about Newton?

17 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Speaking of lying, hasn't it been confirmed that our former QB lied on multiple occasions about the extent of his injury to the training staff?

Yep. Sure did.

Though I'm somehow more accepting of that lie. It was not for his benefit but for that of the team. 

• Beer 3

Tepper has been disingenuous on several fronts, all discussed ad nasurm 

when the team fully moves to SC, I’ll tell all that I told you it was going to happen

thats pro sports, loyalty is a one way street 

know that before you buy 

21 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yep. Sure did.

Though I'm somehow more accepting of that lie. It was not for his benefit but for that of the team. 

Name one starting player in the NFL that hasn’t done the same

...just one 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Posted (edited)

I won't say that he lied per se, but he misrepresented the truth (which is not a total lie).

Edited by top dawg

55 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Speaking of lying, hasn't it been confirmed that our former QB lied on multiple occasions about the extent of his injury to the training staff?

Shocked at grand dragon’s response to this topic. Anyone else as shocked as I am by it?

Yes they lied. Point blank. But we are moving on with Teddy and hopefully a new QB after next year or the following years draft, if not we could be stuck at 8-8 for awhile 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Both Tepper and Rhule inherited a damaged QB when they got here. Cam was once a top 5 QB just like Luke was a top 3 MLB. While different injuries happened to both they had the same trajectory. I loved Cam and he's still one of my top 3 players I absolutely loved to watch play football  He was also given little support to keep him up right and health for 10 years. Also I think with Rhule and a new scheme change came a wish he would get healthy, but also had a uncertainty that could not be ignored. I think when the team knew it could get a QB that was familiar with the system, and could run the offense for multiple years Cams time was up. It's a tough business and one that wasn't completely fair to Cam. As we see now though Cam wants a starting job and that wasn't going to happen in Carolina, and a clean break was needed. He will still be getting paid by us and he can take his time to choose the right team. I don't think Rhule lied. I just think the situation changed where Bridgewater gave us a better chance to win and Rhule wants to win. Don't blame the new coach and owner for sins of the past. Ones that were committed by a old owner and coach. Day one Rhule went out and got the outside protection he needed for his QB that Richardson nor Rivera ever did for Cam. 

Edited by Snake
  • Flames 5

I remember when Rivera said that Tepper wanted to do things his way, and bring in his own guys. I think it was the same deal with the QB, Tepper wants a fresh start to the decade. 

• Pie 1

I mean..has any coach come out and said a player was going to get cut before it happened? He said what he had to say until it was official. Just like every other business on Earth .  

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

I'm less interested in feelings and more interested in wins. Whether they knew or not that Newton would/would not be coming back, they took the opportunity to upgrade when they got it. Sadly enough, right now TB is an upgrade over CN. Perhaps Cam comes back strong, but I have very little confidence that he can play the way he needs to play to be great AND stay healthy.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

I have zero problems with what they have ever said about Cam. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Tepper has been disingenuous on several fronts, all discussed ad nasurm 

when the team fully moves to SC, I’ll tell all that I told you it was going to happen

thats pro sports, loyalty is a one way street 

know that before you buy 

Wishful thinking?

• Poo 1

For those crying about Cam should have been released first thing after Rhule was acquired. 

Ya don't release your franchise QB until you have a proven starter on team, ready to take his place. 

I know smart business falls on deaf ears. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

How bout we knock the rear view mirror off and start looking to the future? How long we gonna argue and piss and moan over this? Our best QB ever is gone and ain't coming back. Let's get this fuging D up to snuff. THAT is what we should be worried about right now. 

The Cam fans still hasn't accepted football yet. 

• Poo 2

43 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

For those crying about Cam should have been released first thing after Rhule was acquired. 

Ya don't release your franchise QB until you have a proven starter on team, ready to take his place. 

I know smart business falls on deaf ears. 

You mean like Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers. :crying: