Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

Marty Hurney: bringing in a veteran CB is a priority

41 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Marty’s trying to keep NFCS WRs from consistently dropping 300 yards games on our secondary more than worrying about keeping Teddy upright apparently.

Well over the last few years, the staff wasnt worried about either of those things, so... 

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the long term implications of all that are gonna have to be ironed out too. That could create a big rift between the NFLPA and the league. 

definitely, there are talks that the salary cap will drop 50 million next year. NBA might get it worse. Leave it to us to have a poo load of money the year we aren't allowed to have a lot of money, ahah.

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

Marty’s trying to keep NFCS WRs from consistently dropping 300 yards games on our secondary more than worrying about keeping Teddy upright apparently.

So what's the difference exactly? They both lead to the same result.

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So what's the difference exactly? They both lead to the same result.

Hey I’m not defending Hurney’s dumbassery

I was wanting a CB, but Apple I'm not sure was the guy.  Noted attitude problems and probably a salary higher than I would have liked.  If it's over $3 million/year, we got hosed.

What this seems to mean:

Burris is staying at S.

Pride, as he should be, is developmental-but will get to play a lot. 

Thomas-Oliver III (a project--but he sure looked solid at times in man coverage vs. Bayless) in my opinion, could be the sleeper of the Panther's draft.   I would not be surprised to see him get some looks (in camp) at nickel and impress when he does.  Think Munnerlyn, but maybe with more upside.)

As for bringing in more OL--why did Hurney say that?  You reach a point when you start burying the young guys so some old fart can half-ass it at 10 times more money.

About the DT comment---we have KK, Brown, Roy, June 1 is rolling in--who might be rolling out?  I think KK after June 1 saves the team about $13m. 

We went after 2 DTs in the draft and are talking about a free agent---and we have Kerr....

On 5/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

I always hear this from the Panthers...we go into the season with a glaring hole, and we as fans expect it to be a big name vet player still in the market, looking to prove themselves for a one year minimum deal, but we get news a day or two later that we signed a complete no name who will end up starting. 

B90BA436-5AD1-4EB3-BF2F-D501C19572D1.jpeg

This kind of poo is only funny to white folks. I hated their show. It was like black folk in white face playing the role of a black person. Cornball brothers smh.