Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Sean Payton's Vicodin

NEW ORLEAN SAINTS QB Drew Brees on players taking a knee: "“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.”

Waiting for those certain huddlers to stumble in this thread exposing themselves 

And you fugers talk about Cam being a distraction lol

• Pie 4
  • Flames 5

Kneeling isn't disrespecting the flag, on this issue it's trying to keep it worth respecting.

I wonder how defensive players will view his opinion?

• Pie 2

Mob is strong on this one. He’s entitled to his opinion. I don’t care either way 

• Pie 2

Let him burn the team down this year if he wants.

• Pie 1

Not a fan of Brees at all but he has a right to his own opinions. Should’ve been a little smarter though and kept this one inside given the current landscape and effect it could have on some of his teammates. A simple “no comment,” as mentioned above, would suffice.

• Pie 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CharlesClime

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Teddy was good in college, so much so that I remember a few Huddlers mentioning "tanking for Teddy" the season before he came out. And, it's not like his winning ways haven't translated to the NFL, regardless of whether someone believes he only did it because he had a good team surrounding him. At some point, one really has to concede that you're not going to take a trash team to the playoffs, regardless of who you are. Unlike Trent Dilfer who simply didn't have to do much, Bridgewater actually had to win a few games. His defenses were very good, but they weren't historical. But, I can understand why you'd think of Teddy as a game manager. That's not necessarily a bad thing in all cases. We almost one a Super Bowl with a glorified game manager (and Delhomme was one in my opinion), but this brings me to the next point, which is sometimes that has a lot to do with the HC's and OC's philosophy as well.  I have questions about Teddy, believe me. But I have less questions about his ability to get some wins than whether or not his decidedly small frame can hold up to the rigors of the NFL. I mean, he really had a catastrophic injury. If he hadn't his career just might be on full showcase as opposed to a reclamation project. I'm not going to count it against him because he played on decent defensive teams, including one as a rookie, but then got hurt in the third year when many QBs show marked improvement and start putting it all together. If anything, he didn't have to be as proficient or efficient as he was, particularly in his sophomore season, considering the relatively little experience that he had. The other two seasons were pretty much throwaways where he didn't get any credible playing time and rehabbing both physically and mentally, and people not really believing that he could resume any semblance of success (which probably had to do moreso with his injury than anything else). Bottom line: He took the reigns and stayed the course for one of the best in NFL history. So, yeah, I'm not sure he can get us to where we want to ultimately go, but if he stays healthy, I wouldn't bet against him. His career is the epitome of disjointed, but injuries do that to even the Cam Newtons and Andrew Lucks of the league who had considerably more time at the helm.  This year (or next) will tell us a lot.  
    • The thought is that the upper end QB's in this upcoming class are "safer" bets. Even after Lawrence and Fields it does actually look like a strong QB class, depending on who declares.
    • Not sure if you mean Trubisky, Darnell, Mayfield or Murray here?  Point being even if we manage a tanking, it is a coin flip at best. 
  • Masters of PIE !