Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Sources say no NFL preseason this year

There should be no preseason every year

• Pie 2

Kinda stupid to not have a test run in preseason if there is going to be a season.

So we are one step closer to no season. Fug

• Pie 1

Probably should have kept it but played no starters.  Young guys, especially udfas need the preseason

• Pie 1

My guess is we get the news of a delay of the season until October around August 1st. Then a full blown cancellation in September. 

• Pie 1

So, will players just not be paid since there are no games? Do they gain a year in their contracts or just push the contracts out one year. If we get the 7th pick in the draft that would suck because we won’t be that good. Cincy would own the gold mine. Trade Burrow and draft Lawrence or vice versa. We’ll draft another T. Our luck, we’d win the first two because half the other teams can’t play and get pick 30.

What a freaking mess no season will be.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How will they handle the draft if no season?

This is actually a pretty good question. I was wondering that as well. Do they just run it back next year with the same order or would they do a lottery like the NBA does?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No season is likely next. 

Just a matter of time honestly. I think I’ve pretty much at peace with it. Will be really disappointed if there is no college hoops this year. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is actually a pretty good question. I was wondering that as well. Do they just run it back next year with the same order or would they do a lottery like the NBA does?

A lottery is most likely. Another option would be calculating position by average performance over the last few seasons or something similar. Either way, we lose out unless we trade big.

If we do play though, look out. A bunch of rookies on D, rookies all over the coaching staff, no OTAs or preseason to work things out....

Edited by Tbe

35 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Just a matter of time honestly. I think I’ve pretty much at peace with it. Will be really disappointed if there is no college hoops this year. 

I just don't see team sports happening this fall.