Carolina Huddle
Icege

tEddY brIdgEwAtEr cAn't thrOw dEEp

FB_IMG_1596812113242.thumb.jpg.86b37474f1d729f1cf379a90605b7967.jpg

Wild how some of the people that understood Cam's stats were heavily influenced by offensive scheme under Shula don't understand that when it comes to Teddy. :thinking:

• Pie 7

If only he had played in some other system so there were other numbers to look at...

oh wait...

2014 in Minnesota. 11.3 yards per completion. Tied for 24th in the NFL.

2015 in Minnesota. 11.1 yards per completion. 26th in the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

Posted (edited)

drew brees is also a game manager these days TBH

saints offensive gameplan is: throw slants to mike thomas or dump off to kamara

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 4

TIL throwing deep is the only way to win in the NFL and the only thing that determines what a great QB is!

Posted (edited)

guys please stop caping for this game manager qb with mediocre stats. teddy is never gonna be anything more than a stopgap AND THATS OK. this is matt moore all over again. just accept what he is, a tank commander who will get us the golden locks of destiny or Cam Newton buckeye edition.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 3

Teddy CAN throw deep he just chooses not to.  He's like Alex Smith in that regard.  Both process information really quickly and like to hit the short to intermediate routes on time.  But when they finally let one loose, it becomes clear its not a talent issue.

• Beer 1

Just now, Wes21 said:

Teddy CAN throw deep he just chooses not to.  He's like Alex Smith in that regard.  Both process information really quickly and like to hit the short to intermediate routes on time.  But when they finally let one loose, it becomes clear its not a talent issue.

Teddy Bridgewater in 2019 - 2.82 seconds average time to throw. Tied for 23rd in the NFL. Brees was 2nd in the same system. For reference, Kyle Allen was 11th.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

guys please stop caping for this game manager qb with mediocre stats. teddy is never gonna be anything more than a stopgap AND THATS OK. this is matt moore all over again. just accept what he is, a tank commander who will get us the golden locks of destiny or Cam Newton buckeye edition.

We will be in no position to get the overhyped Trevor Lawrence, you should get used to that.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If he can win games he could average 5 yards a throw and I wouldn't GAF. 

Do you really see that happening? I honestly think he's here to help the transition to Brady's offensive system and play wet nurse to the QB we draft next April. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

We will be in no position to get the overhyped Trevor Lawrence, you should get used to that.

Justin Fields would suit me just fine. Trey Lance is super intriguing. If we wait for Sam Howell in '22, that'd be fine too.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If only he had played in some other system so there were other numbers to look at...

oh wait...

I think the point was that you don't have to in order to have a top offense.

It's a pretty  meaningless statistic. You don't get more points for throwing long passes. 

If you look over the years of longest completed air distance stats you see  a lot of bad and mediocre QBs and teams involoved.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2016/all#max-completed-air-distance

Also looking over the avg completed air yards you see the same.  There's no real correlation between pass depth and quality of offense. 

Brady is 11.7 career

Brees is 11.3 career

Rogers is 12 career

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 3

I, for one, look forward to Teddy having his first bad game for ANY reason and gets bashed on this board ... by the very same people that gave Cam every excuse under the sun when he had a bad game. The hypocrisy will be delicious.

Teddy will be fine. Is he elite? No. Is he better than a back up? Yep. He is a "starter"? Yep. And he's our starter.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Justin Fields would suit me just fine. Trey Lance is super intriguing. If we wait for Sam Howell in '22, that'd be fine too.

I have a feeling we will be picking in the 8-12 range and looking at LB or OL

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

oh wait...

They had Adrian Peterson at RB, and Matt Kalil at LT and Norv Turner at OC. When he wasn't running for his life, he was dumping it off to one of the GOAT running backs. 

He might only be a stop gap, but I won't hold his time in Minnesota against him. 

• Beer 1