Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

NFL Ratings - This sounds right to me.

Recommended Posts

From Albert Breer's Twitter....

Quote

So NBC's SNF number is down, and the FOX Game of the Week number is up. Here's a novel thought: Maybe people are just more discerning in how they're spending their time right now? And Bucs/Saints was the more appealing watch? I don't think that's too crazy an idea

This sounds right to me. People have spent all year rearranging their schedules, adapting to all the crap going on. Our time isn't what it used to be. If the better game is the 4:00 game, we watch that. No one cares that Dallas is on Sunday Night Football anymore. Too much poo going on. 

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From Albert Breer's Twitter....

This sounds right to me. People have spent all year rearranging their schedules, adapting to all the crap going on. Our time isn't what it used to be. If the better game is the 4:00 game, we watch that. No one cares that Dallas is on Sunday Night Football anymore. Too much poo going on. 

People are doing a lot more outdoor/social activities to make up for being cooped up for so long, especially while the weather is nice outside. I know a lot of people skipping TV sports to hike, camp, play golf, go to the beach/lake, etc. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell my neighbor and I have gotten to know each other much better since we both have been working from home since March.  Ww talk across the yard almost daily about nothing at all.  It keeps me sane at least. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time is a precious commodity. A non-Panthers game has to be a huge draw for me to tune in anymore. Otherwise I am doing something else.

Aren't all sports on at the same time now due to Covid? That would be a massive oversatuation in the sportd entertainment market if so. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have yet to hear the nfl as a league or any of the teams express that they miss the fans. This seems to be instructive as to their attitude toward us. The nfl experience is about the game the stadium and the fans. The vibe given off currently is “y’all are lucky y’all have us to play for you”  which in my opinion is astronomically arrogant and short sighted. 

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Time is a precious commodity. A non-Panthers game has to be a huge draw for me to tune in anymore. Otherwise I am doing something else.

Aren't all sports on at the same time now due to Covid? That would be a massive oversatuation in the sportd entertainment market if so. 

I think some people who were between casual to hardcore on the fan spectrum probably found other things to occupy their time with during the lockdown era when nothing was going on. Some of those people may very well never come back.

I can remember a number of years back stepping away for a few months from console and PC games, which I had played for years and years. Once I had stopped playing them for that length of time, I never went back. No real reason, I just ended up finding better things to do with my free time. 

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

People are doing a lot more outdoor/social activities to make up for being cooped up for so long, especially while the weather is nice outside. I know a lot of people skipping TV sports to hike, camp, play golf, go to the beach/lake, etc. 

Agreed I spend most of my Sunday finishing my kayak trailer. The weather is going to be perfect for that soon and tbh no one really cares about rigged games anymore. I love the Panthers but the NFL as a whole has been crap the last few year. That and we are 3 years away from being competitive. 

Edited by Snake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The true test will be to see how tonight goes. 

I'm not even watching tonight.  Who's playing?

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm not even watching tonight.  Who's playing?

No idea. I'm washing my hair. 

  • The D 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

No idea. I'm washing my hair. 

I didn't really care who was playing I was just trying to be nice.

  • Milkshake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From Albert Breer's Twitter....

This sounds right to me. People have spent all year rearranging their schedules, adapting to all the crap going on. Our time isn't what it used to be. If the better game is the 4:00 game, we watch that. No one cares that Dallas is on Sunday Night Football anymore. Too much poo going on. 

I can't help but wonder if Dallas will suffer more of a drop in ratings than most other teams given their national fan base that tends to be a little more red around the neck.  

  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I can't help but wonder if Dallas will suffer more of a drop in ratings than most other teams given their national fan base that tends to be a little more red around the neck.  

That thought had crossed my mind for sure. It's possible.

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...