Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Donte Jackson injury update

From Panthers.com 

Starting cornerback Donte Jackson suffered an ankle injury during Jacobs' first touchdown run and did not return. Rhule did not have an update on the injury or its severity, anticipating he'll have one on Wednesday.

Technically, Rhule does have an update and knows exactly what the situation it. He just isn't required to say poo about it until Wednesday when the first injury report comes out. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Hasn’t been put on IR, so probably not too serious 

Maybe. But if its a high ankle sprain could be 3-4 weeks out. 

I know this is probably not correct but for me it felt like after Ruggs had that long completion and then TD that Jackson was just like "eff this I am not chasing him around all game" so he said he had a sprained ankle.   I guess we will see how bad it really was on Sunday

• Flames 1

He wouldn’t have hurt his ankle had he tried to tackle like a man and not dive a foot in front of Jacobs feet then lay there in the fetal position.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I know this is probably not correct but for me it felt like after Ruggs had that long completion and then TD that Jackson was just like "eff this I am not chasing him around all game" so he said he had a sprained ankle.   I guess we will see how bad it really was on Sunday

I mean, medical people can tell whether you've actually sustained an injury or not. At minimum with a sprain there is going to be swelling. I cannot begin to fathom a coach tolerating his medical people telling him there is no injury when the player said there was one and just letting that kind of nonsense slide. Jackson might not be bright, but I'm pretty sure he's not dumb enough to make up a nonexistent injury that a trainer could tell in 30 seconds doesn't exist.

• Pie 1

Injury aside, there is no evidence suggesting that he is a starting caliber CB in the NFL. I'm fine with Douglas and Pride getting a chance to cement their spots in this D before Jackson comes back. Time to see what he has as a nickleback. 

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Maybe. But if its a high ankle sprain could be 3-4 weeks out. 

He’d be put on IR in that case. Can return from IR after 3 weeks this year.

Just now, t96 said:

He’d be put on IR in that case. Can return from IR after 3 weeks this year.

I don't think he will be missed on the field.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1