Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Teddy Bridgewater suggests using the opposite of Rivera mentality

Just now, electro's horse said:

im still blown away with the three timeouts left at the end of the first

i had no idea what the number even meant at first

Same. I honestly was reflexively yelling to spike the ball and stop the clock until my buddy said we had timeouts to use. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

yep, i got mad at the end of the game and didn't feel like talking about it but for a first year coach, new oc, dc, qb... i thought we looked and operated like a football team.   didn't always play like one, which is understandable right now - but it really showcased just how bad ron and staff were at all that and how use to it we had become

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

28-3

It can happen in today's NFL. The Niners had a 10 point lead with 8 minutes to go in last years' Super Bowl. The only safe approach is to always be looking for more points.

this, this statement feels so foreign

• Flames 1

42 minutes ago, raz said:

this, this statement feels so foreign

Name the last Panthers coach who had that mentality. Good luck.

Edited by kungfoodude

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. We have always been a defensively minded organization. I'm pretty sure JR talked about how he specifically looked for defensive minded HCs.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. We have always been a defensively minded organization. I'm pretty sure JR talked about how he specifically looked for defensive minded HCs.

He modeled us after Pittsburgh and they have been that way traditionally. He forgot to model us after their front office. Their ability to evaluate talent is second to none. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Chud, but he was still working for Ron who limited him

• Pie 1

The worst part was under River we had the QB to execute this type of philosophy, to always keep the pressure on, that in and of itself helps your defense by making the other team one dimensional. Think back to the Peyton Manning era with the Colts, they scored so much their defense didn't even have to play the run after the first quarter.

I'm not saying we possess that level of talent, however outside of what 5-7 QBs honestly Teddy is above average, and our top 3 WR + HB is as good as any in the NFL save the Chiefs arsenal perhaps. 

I never thought offense was gonna be an issue for us this season, dropping 30 Week 1 with all things considered impressed me. 

I think we have the personnel on offense to do that.  Teddy is good enough for this team to win behind.  Unfortunately the defense is so bad I'm not sure how effective we will be as a team. Time will tell.

chud, ugh.  run is working great - abandon the run.  pass is working great - abandon the pass.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, raz said:

chud, ugh.  run is working great - abandon the run.  pass is working great - abandon the pass.

Use the run to set up the pass, and use the pass to set up the run. That's how it's supposed to go.

I thought Rhule should have definitely called a timeout around the 40 second mark as the half winded down. That was Rivera-esque and took me by surprise. By the time the next play was run there was around 20 seconds left. Nice to have three timeouts at the end of the half but they don’t roll over.

Edited by Cary Kollins