Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
kungfoodude

Keys to the Game - Tampa Edition

We need to stuff the run with seven in the box---that sounds crazy--but their WRs are gimpy.  The big nickel is in play this week.

Did we blitz last week?  This week, we should. 

I think biggest key (and this will apply to every one of our games this year) is to win the turnover battle. Not be even in it, but win it, by at least 1 or 2. And scoring off of turnovers. Our D is obviously one of the worst in the league, but I do think the offense is good enough to win some games if the D can do a little bit to force some turnovers and help us outnumber the other team in possessions. Offense needs to do the same by not turning the ball over and putting the defense in bad spots. The team isn't good enough for us to win games this year where we lose the turnover battle and may not win many that are even either.

• Beer 1

Keys:

1) Pray Mike Evans is still gimped with the hamstring injury

2) Pray Chris Godwin is ruled out due to the concussion protocol

3) Relentlessly attack LT Donovan Smith

That's really it.  Your only chance is if this is a very low scoring affair.  Everyone's gotten used to the Bucs fielding a garbage defense for over 10 years, but this year's group is a top five or ten unit.  #1 rush D throughout all last year, the pass D was struggling, but became a top 10 unit during the last 6-7 weeks last year, though that was buried under the ridiculous amounts of INTs Winston threw down the stretch. They held Brees to 160 passing.  Teddy will be lucky to match that.  And you already know you won't be able to run. 

Good luck to both teams, and NO INJURIES!

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

We need to stuff the run with seven in the box---that sounds crazy--but their WRs are gimpy.  The big nickel is in play this week.

Did we blitz last week?  This week, we should. 

This, stopping the run has been the primary issue for a year and change now. If we can even do an average Job at that, I think interior pressure from the line, whether blitzing or by the sheer force of Brown, gives us the best chance. Brady doesn’t move well and, despite some wayward angles, our ends are quick. 

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Arians doesn't usually have a dink and dunk offense and said he wasn't changing for Brady. This whole thing is starting to feel like an awkward forced marriage TBH.

Perceived the same. Media wrote off Brady’s presser today as all OK. If you’re the GOAT because you were the paradigm of the most demanding professional sports organization that we’ve ever seen (other than getting into weird Russian territory) for twenty straight years, does it really sit well when the asshat coach (Pun intended) basically says you didn’t try hard enough (I believe his words were Brady needs to show more “grit and determination”?

I honestly think that this is just the wrong time to play a wounded, but talented team. They had to hear all week about their problems. 

But if the WRs are out, and the Panthers could pull an upset, they could implode the Bucs for good. That’s how much this means to them. 

One of these games we’re going to need to actually slow down other teams running backs. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jacabee said:

Perceived the same. Media wrote off Brady’s presser today as all OK. If you’re the GOAT because you were the paradigm of the most demanding professional sports organization that we’ve ever seen (other than getting into weird Russian territory) for twenty straight years, does it really sit well when the asshat coach (Pun intended) basically says you didn’t try hard enough (I believe his words were Brady needs to show more “grit and determination”?

Wait until Giselle starts off on him. That crazy Brazilian might try and stuff one of his hats down his throat. 

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Panthers can win if we trick em.

fugin trick the poo out of them! 

11 hours ago, t96 said:

I think biggest key (and this will apply to every one of our games this year) is to win the turnover battle. Not be even in it, but win it, by at least 1 or 2. And scoring off of turnovers. Our D is obviously one of the worst in the league, but I do think the offense is good enough to win some games if the D can do a little bit to force some turnovers and help us outnumber the other team in possessions. Offense needs to do the same by not turning the ball over and putting the defense in bad spots. The team isn't good enough for us to win games this year where we lose the turnover battle and may not win many that are even either.

I'm not really sure this teams defense is good enough to win any games tbh. 

20 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Panthers can win if we trick em.

into thinking the game is at 4?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Even last year the Bucs had the defense to stifle CMC. Their defense wasn't the problem last week. 7 points came off of a bogus DPI call and another 7 from bad turnovers on offense. Their secondary looked okay outside of some bonehaded choices by Carlton Davis, so if our receiving core looks good and the offense looks good when we can't rely on cmac, I'll take it as a positive.

Another tough run matchup for our front 7. Oh and two great talents out wide. All of our defensive weaknesses are exposed raw here. I'll take any form of positivity I see from our players on Sunday. My expectations are low.

1.)  Get ahead early.

2.)  Manage the clock.  Short, efficient throws to march down the field.

3.)  Play physical.  Bucs have some big guys on offense.  If we let them, they will steamroll us.  Our guys have to make them earn their yardage.