Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
t96

At what point will you start rooting for us to lose for Lawrence?

For me as long as we are mathematically alive in the playoff race I will root for Panthers wins.

But I think as soon as we hit that point of no return that the best thing for this franchise would be to get a generational talent in Trevor "Sunshine" Lawrence, and I may actually actively root for us to get the 1st overall pick. I did that later in the year in 2010 for Cam, but no other season, even in recent years with Rivera when we were mathematically eliminated later in the year. I think this will be another 2010 for me though, unless we see some wins in the next month or so (seems unlikely with this D and sloppy O). So at what point will you mainly be thinking of the draft? 0-5? 1-7? Or are you already actively rooting for us to lose for 1st overall?

Tank for Trevor.

Suck for Sunshine.

Lose for Lawrence. 

As soon as I saw how weak Bridgewater’s arm was in the first game

• Pie 5

Down 21-0 our defense is horrible, TB is low end mediocre at best, Why root for the playoffs when everyone here knows this team can't win it all.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Well at least we know Snow or Brady aren’t  getting poached by another team this year....

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

We don't have to root against them. Just tune in and enjoy it happing anyways as we watch this young squad (coaches included) figure out who they are.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

When Cam was let go, When Luke retired....The rebuild is inevitable. May as well get good draft position to load back up. Winning 3-5 games only makes the rebuild longer imo. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

When Cam was let go, When Luke retired....The rebuild is inevitable. May as well get good draft position to load back up. Winning 3-5 games only makes the rebuild longer imo. 

Long term fandom isn't about instant gratification.

We don’t have to root for it. It’s happening. 

• Pie 8

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A better outcome from losing would be Hurney getting fired.

I think 99% of people here will agree with that. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I gotta ask though... if we are 1-13 going into week 16 vs. Washington and they are 1-13 as well and no other team could possibly get Lawrence (next worst team has 3 wins at that point) would you really still be rooting for us to win that game? I would 100% root for his to lose and to get Lawrence in that situation.

Edited by t96

Halftime of this game.

I always want success for this team but Teddy doesn’t seem like that answer for that long term.

2nd half of the season when draft starts coming into view.  Panther fans always start looking at the draft before Thanksgiving, because there are seldom playoffs to look at.