Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

CMC vs Davis illustrated

Recommended Posts

There's a hole visible right as the video pauses.

McCaffrey would have shot through that for a big gain and quite possibly a touchdown.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Bonnafon would have had a great game had he started.

All Bonnafon does it break big runs when gets an opportunity. Not sure why he didn't get more burn in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

All Bonnafon does it break big runs when gets an opportunity. Not sure why he didn't get more burn in the game. 

Has to be able to block well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Has to be able to block well. 

Supposedly that's why Manhurtz keeps starting.  Although I think he sucks at the too but what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rUnnIng bAcks ArE a dEvAlUEd pOsItIOn

Chicken Mocking GIF by swerk

 

But srsly, these folks talking about the RB being a dead position in today's NFL are either stupid or still clinging to the idea that an RB has to be a giant bruiser. How they can convince themselves that a position that can take hand offs and catch passes in space is less valuable than a #2 WR I'll never understand.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Davis is just a guy. He runs hard and keeps his leg churning, but his field vision is poor and he's slow as molasses.

I saw some folks compare him to Jstew in the gameday thread... Slow your damn roll lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 9/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, mattnasty919 said:

Mike Davis is just a guy. He runs hard and keeps his leg churning, but his field vision is poor and he's slow as molasses.

I saw some folks compare him to Jstew in the gameday thread... Slow your damn roll lol

chris farley idiot GIF

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading Davis makes more sense. We won’t have him long term, he isn’t going to get snaps when CMC comes back and there is no chance we outbid other teams in free agency. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Trading Davis makes more sense. We won’t have him long term, he isn’t going to get snaps when CMC comes back and there is no chance we outbid other teams in free agency. 

Lol lol eeesh what is wrong with the people here lately thinking madden is real life.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth I think CMC and Davis have more combined talent than DWill and JStew.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, Jon Snow said:

Supposedly that's why Manhurtz keeps starting.  Although I think he sucks at the too but what do I know.

I see this a lot but everyone who does analysis in any organized way says he's quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is a good example of what Mike Davis offers vs what Christian McCaffrey offers as a running back. 

 

1st and 10 on the Chargers 19. 

giphy.gif

If CMC was in at tailback here, it is a touchdown. That is a huge hole to run through leaving only a single safety to shake between him and the end zone. 

So enough with the "trade CMC" talk. It is embarrassing. 

Imagine this play being ran with CMC in the slot coming in motion where Teddy either gives him the ball on the jet sweep or hands it to Davis. 
 

This offense is going to be a major problem for defenses. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Reed has been playing well---watch 64.  good technique, he blocks down--chips to help Paradis get an angle-and Paradis still does not get his hips around to seal---but then Reed releases to meet a DB yards off the LOL.  It is hard to watch OL from the side, but when I have watched Reed, he is getting the job done.  Not a star, but not a liability.  Paradis is a liability.  Even with help, he loses his feet and loses the advantage the chip gives him.  Little things make big differences. 

I am guessing that Davis stalls and sidesteps waiting to see if Paradis would control his block.  He considers cutting back inside, but it is filled, so he runs into the hole that Paradis is allowing his man to fill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 7:46 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is a good example of what Mike Davis offers vs what Christian McCaffrey offers as a running back. 

 

1st and 10 on the Chargers 19. 

giphy.gif

If CMC was in at tailback here, it is a touchdown. That is a huge hole to run through leaving only a single safety to shake between him and the end zone. 

So enough with the "trade CMC" talk. It is embarrassing. 

 

On 9/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mr. Scot said:

There's a hole visible right as the video pauses.

McCaffrey would have shot through that for a big gain and quite possibly a touchdown.

If CMC is so much better why is his YPC less this year?  For that to be the case then maybe Davis is better on other runs?

I think CMC is a great player, and I'm not saying Davis is anywhere close to the same, but people need to learn that there is a reason why RBs are devalued so much in the league.

Its not that running backs aren't important (that's a different argument) its the fact that their production is fairly easy to replace.  If you equal out the number of carry's they receive there isn't a huge difference in their production over time.

For example, CMC had a great year last year, he averaged 4.8 ypc which was 10th in the league, the 20th place guy was at 4.5 ypc.  If that guy got the same amount of carries as CMC he would have finished the year with roughly 92 less yards, or about 6 yards a game.  

6 yards, that's probably less than one more reception out of a WR, less than a holding call on a guard, less than a sack given up by a OT.

Now CMC is heavily involved in the passing game, and that definitely changes how he is valued, but when looking strictly at running there really isn't much of a difference among a lot of RBs.

 

 

 

 

  • Flames 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Lol lol eeesh what is wrong with the people here lately thinking madden is real life.

Don"t hate him bro. He called Aaron Rodger's barely a game manager these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...