Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
AceBoogie

All of you were right about Cam

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Stats were all I had today. I was beginning to settle in to watch Cam after our game, but life got in the way today. I'm in a hospital parking lot typing this. But, thanks for telling me. I'll await the talking heads' analysis and pontifications tomorrow with baited breath.

My bad. 

The Huddle has been all stats no context lately. 

But yeah, the incompletion numbers are one thing but how he missed and the ball coming out, just wasn’t pretty 

1 minute ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I disagree. They are Good, good offensive line. Solid RBs, good WR in Edelman. Sure they aren’t loaded with talent but they are above average. Tom Brady basically had the same team and did fine. Good QBs can do fine with an average team. Cam is doing horrible right now and you can’t blame that on the pats.

Brady most certainly did not have the same team. They had Gordon for a few games, Sanu, Brown for one, a healthy Edelman and a healthy line with Scar still coaching them, they also had a defense that through the first half was on a historic pace of turnovers.

This undoubtedly the least talented pats offense in the Belichick era, Edelman their best WR is getting blanketed by LB

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

you can blame Mike and Ron and everyone but I don’t think that’s fair. I think It’s on Cam. If Bill can’t do anything with him then he must suck. Many of Cams problems aren’t coaching problems but are his own. You can’t coach a player to not hold on to the ball for long periods of time. You can’t coach a player not to run and throw the b-ball away instead.

Belichick didn't get Cam until after he'd been struggling for years with injuries. One of the very minor inconveniences of having an elite QB who can make all the throws and make plays with his legs is that occasionally he's going to take some bad sacks that he shouldn't. But, he's also going to make a ton of plays in those situations that other QBs simply aren't capable of making. Just look at guys like Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, etc for other examples.

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I hated Dave from Kugbilla onward. And hated every move he made. I don't understand why he still has a job in the league. I lay the majority of the blame form Cam's wasted career at Gettleman's feet, right next to his saggy man tits. Ron and Co. never allowed him to reach his potential, but Dave actively set him back. The stubborn refusal to give him any talent around him or protection was what greatly abbreviated the career of what should have been one of the most storied players in league history. 

Sorry, Giants, you're next. 

I am loving watching the Giants suck. Gettleman has built what he deemed a perfect team and they’re f*cking TRASH! 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Exactly.

I'm not jumping off the Cam wagon.

You know I love you cookie, but he’s bad. Hasn’t played the QB position well all year. I watch a lot of teams play because I’m a heavy gambler and he’s been easily the worst QB I’ve watched the last few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Does this mean the Pats bandwagon jumpers are coming back or are they moving on to Seattle, KC, GB, or TB?

This is gonna blow your mind, but it is entirely possible to be a fan of a player, and your team at the same time.

Wild, I know.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 6

I think we all have fond memories of Cam diving into the endzone, juking multiple defenders, blasting through DBs, chucking bombs down field, and scrambling out of what would have been a sure sack for any other QB. The reality is that a QB Cam's size who runs a lot will probably have a short career.

I wanted Cam to stay here for the final year of his contract because I felt like he deserved a "prove it" year. If he was bad, then we simply don't offer another contract. But that would have been the wrong decision because Teddy was in free agency, and we only had one shot at bringing him here. We needed to act immediately by moving on from Cam and securing our QB for the future.

In my plan we'd be losing with a washed up Cam in his final year of contract and eyeing Lawrence in the draft. Not the end of the world, but I like Rhule's plan better.

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Way too early to determine that, pats look horrible the last two weeks and they look pathetic when any of the other qbs are in. Good as Bill is can out scheme a talent deficiency of that magnitude.

3 years is too early?

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Brady most certainly did not have the same team. They had Gordon for a few games, Sanu, Brown for one, a healthy Edelman and a healthy line with Scar still coaching them, they also had a defense that through the first half was on a historic pace of turnovers.

This undoubtedly the least talented pats offense in the Belichick era, Edelman their best WR is getting blanketed by LB

Too be completely fair Cam is responsible for the offense being trash. Their defense is another huge problem. They only forced one punt all day and that came in garbage time. Who knows, but Brady definitely winning the battle between him and Bill. 

I mean, I hear some of you guys, but we got carved up by a noodle-armed Brees throwing to second and third string backups today. His best weapon is still the noodle between his ears and steadfast mechanics.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I think we all have fond memories of Cam diving into the endzone, juking multiple defenders, blasting through DBs, chucking bombs down field, and scrambling out of what would have been a sure sack for any other QB. The reality is that a QB Cam's size who runs a lot will probably have a short career.

I wanted Cam to stay here for the final year of his contract because I felt like he deserved a "prove it" year. If he was bad, then we simply don't offer another contract. But that would have been the wrong decision because Teddy was in free agency, and we only had one shot at bringing him here. We needed to act immediately by moving on from Cam and securing our QB for the future.

In my plan we'd be losing with a washed up Cam in his final year of contract and eyeing Lawrence in the draft. Not the end of the world, but I like Rhule's plan better.

The only thing I disagree with you on is that I don't think TB is the answer for the future.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

You know I love you cookie, but he’s bad. Hasn’t played the QB position well all year. I watch a lot of teams play because I’m a heavy gambler and he’s been easily the worst QB I’ve watched the last few weeks. 

Florida Evans GIFs | Tenor

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I don't want Cam to be done, and I don't think his shoulder looked bad for the quarter and a half I watched, but he threw two costly interceptions in that time and the reality is I have such Cam-homer glasses I can't tell anymore... But he has so little help... fuging Byrd is his #1 receiver... Edelman has huge trouble catching anything...  I hate what this franchise did to him, but it looks more and more that they did the right thing for the football side of things by moving on from him.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He did have one very good game passing vs SEA.  Really thought he was back.  He didn't have bad games vs MIA or LVR either.

He's also only a couple weeks removed from COVID. He just doesn't look right back there.  I hope he isn't done.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't want Cam to be done, and I don't think his shoulder looked bad for the quarter and a half I watched, but he threw two costly interceptions in that time and the reality is I have such Cam-homer glasses I can't tell anymore... But he has so little help... fuging Byrd is his #1 receiver... Edelman has huge trouble catching anything...  I hate what this franchise did to him, but it looks more and more that they did the right thing for the football side of things by moving on from him.

Jimmy Clausen had 9 picks in 13 appearances in 2010, Cam had 7 in 4 games. 

No bad team is an excuse for a QB to throw 3 picks in 15 passes. 

Colin Kap had 16 TDs and 4 Interceptions with the 49ers in their 1 season with Jim Tonsula 

Cam has the greatest coach in the history of pro football, its over.