Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Video - Greg Little run blocking.

Little has had a number of these moments in the running game. His problem Is consistency and getting whipped by quick pass rushers. 

• Beer 1

Going to be hard to be the long term answer at LT if you can't handle speed rushers. I have no idea why we haven't tried him at LG.

I loved seeing Cannon kick in the turbo as soon as he got the block.

I think Little looks much improved vs last year. He needs some time with good coaching and mentoring from Okung. He has only started 5(?) games. It is a tough position, we need to give him some time.

I liked what I saw yesterday, I thought he looked really good. Not saying he’s perfect, but some of you seem almost desperate to find mistakes.

Again, he’s very early in his career and inexperienced. I admittedly am very optimistic in general, but I’ve seen big improvements vs. last year, and that’s all I can ask for at this point.

• Pie 1

It looks to me like Little just needs more time in the weight room. I think his arm strength is his biggest issue. There's a reason he skipped Bench Press at the combine. He previously got 15 (Fif-fuging-teen for a Lineman) and didn't like his chances doing it again in front of the scouts. He's athletic enough to throw his body weight around, which makes him a force in run-blocking. But his arms are too weak to win a handfight or push back a charging defensive lineman. (Incidentally, that's why I don't like him any better at guard. He can't out-muscle a DE, how is he going to do against a nose tackle?)

Get him to bulk up the arms and chest, and I think he could markedly improve his pass blocking. And the good news is that's a very correctable issue.

• Pie 1

Little is that 5 star recruit with all the tools coming into college but didn't make int into first round consideration. Whats missing? You have a great shell but no heart or mean streak. Just seems that stuff on the inside is all that is keeping little from being a starter.

If you can get an upgrade on the OL, you grab it.  Though this is promising.

Center is IMO the biggest offensive need along with a TE & QB of the future. 

Defense: LB, S, CB, DT

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

If you can get an upgrade on the OL, you grab it.  Though this is promising.

Center is IMO the biggest offensive need along with a TE & QB of the future. 

Defense: LB, S, CB, DT

How do we know we need a te? It looks to me this a after thought In this new offense. Especially with cmc Anderson Moore and Samuel all fighting for targets. 

Edited by micnificent28

Just now, micnificent28 said:

How do we know we need a te? It looks to me this a after thought In this new offense. Especially with cmc Anderson Moore and Samuel all fighting for targets. 

We use them for blocking and our current TEs aren't very good at it.  So the investment wouldn't be a high end pick or anything like that but someone who can do that job better than what we have/use them for.

• Pie 1