Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Mister

We should be undefeated

You wanna know why we aren’t , it’s nit the defense, defense is managed, it’s the offensive line , something that we fail to take serious year in and year out something that’s very important , if we have a good offensive line we would have won every game . We are a good team we didn’t get blown out and every game was winnable , but the offensive line failed us . 

i woke up freezing cold this morning and while drinking my coffee I re watched the high lights and came across the 4&2 where we would have one if we didn’t have a weak  veggie burger eating offensive line . We need some hogs that eat raw beef and raw fish for break fast with a side of nails . All jokes a side we need to build the line . Moton is fine but the rest are gone . And I know this is different from my normal positive posts but it just makes me sick seeing the oline cost us games 

and you should too

sorry for the rant 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I can assure you we wouldn't be undefeated even if we had the Raiders O-line lol. Okung has been solid and Moton has been elite. Paradis and John Miller are solid in the run game. The interior is definitely the weakness, while I'd like to see us shore up the line in the offseason, compared to the Remmers, Kalil, Nate chandler, or Byron Bell days this O-Line is God sent. Give me a great MLB over a great Guard everyday for what we need.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

That 0-16 Lions team was just a couple of plays away from being 16-0 homie.

missed opportunities

Ron Rivera likely should of never lost a single game.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CRA said:

missed opportunities

Ron Rivera likely should of never lost a single game.  

Lmao. Lost my shiitt.

• Beer 1

Our OL is middle of the pack at worst by most every metric.

Yes we should be. Chalk it up to learning experience for everyone who is new.  I have a feeling that we finish strong and have a winning record this season.

1 minute ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Yes we should be. Chalk it up to learning experience for everyone who is new.  I have a feeling that we finish strong and have a winning record this season.

I used to think this way in my twenties and even early thirties. Once you're a little more seasoned you realize margins in the NFL are razor thin. Can't really say, if we had that pass back or if player X made this block. That is the game. Were as good as our record says we are. All the what ifs in world won't change that. I'm with you that I believe we can finish (relative to our talent) strong. No massaged metric though, says this team should be undefeated. We just as easily could have lost every game.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I used to think this way in my twenties and even early thirties. Once you're a little more seasoned you realize margins in the NFL are razor thin. Can't really say, if we had that pass back or if player X made this block. That is the game. Were as good as our record says we are. All the what ifs in world won't change that. I'm with you that I believe we can finish (relative to our talent) strong. No massaged metric though, says this team should be undefeated. We just as easily could have lost every game.

I bet Rhule is saying it right now too, that we should be undefeated and if everyone showed up to play we would be.   Now they will kick out all the bums, cmc is back and schedule a bit easier so fingers crossed.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

I bet Rhule is saying it right now too, that we should be undefeated and if everyone showed up to play we would be.   Now they will kick out all the bums, cmc is back and schedule a bit easier so fingers crossed.

Hopefully!  As well he should be. Doesn't really change my point. Though I like what you said. We are used to having slightly better talent and losing due to poor in game adjustments, clock management etc. etc. etc. I personally believe we have a coach that can beat you with less talent. That becomes scary if you also believe coach is an excellent talent evaluator. That's how you build dynasties!

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, we're losing to better football teams and it's impressive that we're being competitive.

This. 100% This. Just lacking talent, the effort and competitiveness has been at every single game. Do people need to be reminded at the long list of players. stats, and snaps that are no longer here?? Panthers where the only team to have a new HC, DC, OC, and QB. Our DC and OC never called a NFL play and had no pre-season games.   

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

Our OL is middle of the pack at worst by most every metric.

An average oline team has gotten to the Super Bowl 2-3 times in 10-15 years. Deep in the playoffs isn’t much better. You have less than a 10% chance of going deep in the playoffs with an average line With a top defense and best weapons in the game.

More like we have a great RT and have been average at LT. As one of the quickest if not the quickest schemed offenses in the league for releasing the football I’m not sure average is all that great.

Paradis is doing better this year but he’s paid to be much better. 

LT is still patchwork. Most important position on the entire line has no future.

The guards are worthless.

There is zero depth behind the entire line.

This team literally has one consistent, starting caliber olineman in Moton and due to failures hasn’t been resigned until it will be at a premium.

The secondary is bad an not being able to sign BB was true idiocy and mishandling of the cap but I cannot think of any area of the team that has been botched for a longer period of time than the oline. 

Everyone realizes a great oline doesn’t grow on trees, but I’m sure you can do better than 1. 

How many successful efforts have been made to replace the retiring franchise LT and C when they left the team? 

Moton and....I’ll count Oher even if it was only 1 year. That’s 2 in 6-7 years.

Edited by onmyown

When our defense can't get opposing offenses off the field, and someone wants to say our problem isn't the defense,  i can no longer take this person as a serious football fan.