Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
nctarheelreincarnated

Matt Ryan told Todd Gurley not to score, on the final Falcons drive he scored a TD on.

They forgot that Gurley’s contract has escalators tied to TDs. Why would you put a player in a position of conflict of interest like that. Ineptitude from the coaching staff for having the wrong guy in the game. Unless they are just trying to tank, which they probably should do.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Lol.  I watched it live...  I mean, at least Gurley tried to stop himself, but you're telling a man to go against his natural instinct there...  and as soon as he crossed that goalline, I just knew they effed themselves, and they did lol.

That being said, I do expect them to play us tough tomorrow night and make the game much harder than it needs to be.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The Lions simply have too much experience giving up touchdowns.  They were built for that moment.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Really amazing job of the Lions defender to fake the tackle like that and make Gurley lose track of where he was. Without that Gurley definitely gets down.

• Pie 1

Gurley has a touchdown incentive in his contract. Just sayin'.

Gurley has intentionally not scored multiple times in his career to run the clock out for his team.  

He had a reason to score this time and that reason is essentially f**k the Falcons.

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

I don’t know the entire game situation, so I have to ask.

Why didn’t the Falcons take a knee instead?

They needed the 1st down to keep the ball and run time off the clock.

• Pie 1

Nobody even talks about how the Falcons defense let the lowly Lions go the length of the field in 1:04 to win it.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Really amazing job of the Lions defender to fake the tackle like that and make Gurley lose track of where he was. Without that Gurley definitely gets down.

I was just about to say the same thing. Everyone wants to heap on Gurley but that was a smart defensive play. Basically let him build momentum trying to break the tackle and then let go; genius