Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Eazy-E

Blatant block in the back missed on the Matt Ryan TD

Brian Burns completely destroys Atlanta's right tackle and just as he is about to grab Matt Ryan, the tackle turns around and literally pushes Burns in the back at the last possible second. NFL officiating is utter dog poo week after week, season after season and seems to only be getting worse.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30220524

A nice six point gift from the zebras.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Hell Atlanta was holding on so many plays and they never were really called on them but were quick to throw a flag against us for the same. It doesn't surprise me they ignored that a single bit.

I’ve been saying it for weeks. Not sure why they’ve become so nonchalant about offensive holding. What was ironic is how many defensive holding calls we had against us last night while they are apparently oblivious to plays like this one in particular. Sucks the fun out of what our defense is capable of in my opinion. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Thanks Roger Goodell

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

I’ve been saying it for weeks. Not sure why they’ve become so nonchalant about offensive holding. What was ironic is how many defensive holding calls we had against us last night while they are apparently oblivious to plays like this one in particular. Sucks the fun out of what our defense is capable of in my opinion. 

There is holding on nearly every offensive play now..... every team knows its something they can push the boundaries on.

The real problem with that play is that Burns lost contain.  I understand, you don't expect Matt Ryan to run, but Burns absolutely did come inside and gift him the entire side of the field.

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

There is holding on nearly every offensive play now..... every team knows its something they can push the boundaries on.

Facts 

4 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I’ve been saying it for weeks. Not sure why they’ve become so nonchalant about offensive holding. 

It's a deliberate decision by the NFL because they want to increase scoring.

As to last night, yeah the Falcons got away with some stuff but so did we (Troy Pride in particular).

Sloppy game, sloppy field, sloppy officiating. It's in the books now, so even though that was definitely a block in the back, it won't be changed.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's a deliberate decision by the NFL because they want to increase scoring.

I’m aware. It’s a deliberately dumb decision but that’s just my opinion.