Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Zod

Oh you guys

I’m not worried about the defense. Even last night they’re playing a lot better than we had any reason to expect. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Honestly if we had a different MLB and S not named whitehead or Boston we could be pretty well set on defense. Most of the dline has been a pleasant surprise and while the dbs werent great last night they didnt get completely dragged like I expected.

• Pie 1

Yep, this is what I keep saying. So many people trashing the defense when the defense is actually out-performing the offense. The defense isn't very good, but they've been playing above expectations.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

I’ve been on the Phil Snow is way better than most of the Huddle things he is. Look at last year. Look at this year. We lost Luke and Bradberry. We lost KK again. We drafted 7 rookies to play on defense. YGM is hurt. DJ got his third INT of the year and he’s been playing on a bum toe. Yet we are in the top half of defense in the NFL after last years awful performances. 

And Snow has coached this without a real offseason and we have some of the greats in our division. Hate Matt Ryan all you want but he leads the NFL in passing yards. Drew Brees hasn’t thrown a deep ball since 2013 and finds a way to have 30 TDs and 8 ints like every year. Tom Brady literally is the GOAT QB. 

Part of the reason Rhule was successful was because of Snow. He has been his DC every year. And when you compare Rhule offense to Snow defense the defense outranked the offense like every year. Our offense is behind our defense again when compared to the rest of the NFL. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, this is what I keep saying. So many people trashing the defense when the defense is actually out-performing the offense. The defense isn't very good, but they've been playing above expectations.

Yes sir. Phil Snow is learning on the job. I think in the offseason he'll make adjustments to his 3 down lineman to only 3rd and very long passing downs. This is the NFL. Where there are no bad QB's unless it's Kyle Allen, Dwayne Haskins, or maybe even Teddy Bridgewater. LOL. 

Even though the last two games the opposing team has only punted once, I'm OK with the defense. Except for the 3 man rushes. Please stop calling them

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Even though the last two games the opposing team has only punted once, I'm OK with the defense. Except for the 3 man rushes. Please stop calling them

They have to call 3 man rushes because we need as much help as we can get on the back end.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

They have to call 3 man rushes because we need as much help as we can get on the back end.

But then it gives the qb all day to sit back there and wait for someone to get open. I'm in the camp of pressure is more important than 8 men in coverage

Edited by uncfan888
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Our defense is trash because of the personnel, not the coaching.

And that sucks too cuz we spent the whole draft on defense. Now we may need to do it again. I'm hoping we can find some good free agents... Not whitehead

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

And that sucks too cuz we spent the whole draft on defense. Now we may need to do it again. I'm hoping we can find some good free agents... Not whitehead

When you're playing a bunch of rookies no matter how talented they may he, the results probably aren't going to be great. Especially when they're paired with primarily off the trash heap vets.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

We'll have money next offseason to pay some FA's. 

• Pie 1

I do not understand why this is so hard to understand for many people. I really feel like they are just looking for a reason to be upset. We have an extreme lack of talent on defense. We also have an extremely young defense. That combination means we are going to have a lot of games like this one. 

Just look for growth. Look for sparks. We have seen them this year from Burns, Chinn, Brown and even a glimpse from YGM when healthy. Who else can give us that hope? 

I will say that we saw our first glimpse from Stanley Oliver Thomas. He played pretty tight coverage. If either he or Pride could show something I will be very pleased. 

To be honest, yesterdays game was the first game where I didn't know who some of the guys were on the defensive line or in the secondary. 

• Pie 2

While it's true...and I even agree with the sentiment...you make this thread every week it feels like lmao

• Pie 1

Everyone expected our defense to be all-time bad and our offense to be pretty good. Our offense is ranked 20th in yards per game and 25th in points scored per game. Now be honest, if you had known this would you have honestly predicted we would have three wins and been competitive in every game so far?

The defense is ranked 14th in yards allowed per game and 15th in points allowed. They're quietly carrying our offense which is quite frankly bad. The concerns about Joe Brady leaving for a HC job can probably chill. 

• Pie 1