Carolina Huddle

jfra78

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

• Yes
    • No

Eight games in and I feel like I've had enough time to evaluate Teddy Bridgewater. I know Teddy wasn't the only reason we lost yeterday, our interior Oline is crap and our defense isnt aggresive enough.  But Teddy just isn't our QB of the future like I had hoped he could be. There are many things I really like about Teddy Bridgewater, his personality, leadership, gamesmanship, good decision making, leads recievers, and I belive he has a strong enough arm.  He just doesn't have "it", especially when we need it.  In other words he isn't clutch, he plays great for 3 quarters, but when he has to make a play and force something that may not be there, he can't.  This week, game on the line, throws and interception.  Last Sunday, game on the line, takes a costly sack that puts us out of FG range.  Week before, game on the line, overthrows DJ then on next drive throws an interception.

I had said before the season started that we are too good for Trevor and I still believe we win at least 5 games this year.  I think that puts us out of the running for the top 3 and I dont want to reach on a QB.  Next year we may have an even better record than this year if we fix the O line in the offseason. 

• Pie 1

I'd like to make this decision after a game he wasn't hit 30 times. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Eight games in and I feel like I've had enough time to evaluate Teddy Bridgewater. I know Teddy wasn't the only reason we lost yeterday, our interior Oline is crap and our defense isnt aggresive enough.  But Teddy just isn't our QB of the future like I had hoped he could be. There are many things I really like about Teddy Bridgewater, his personality, leadership, gamesmanship, good decision making, leads recievers, and I belive he has a strong enough arm.  He just doesn't have "it", especially when we need it.  In other words he isn't clutch, he plays great for 3 quarters, but when he has to make a play and force something that may not be there, he can't.  This week, game on the line, throws and interception.  Last Sunday, game on the line, takes a costly sack that puts us out of FG range.  Week before, game on the line, overthrows DJ then on next drive throws an interception.

I had said before the season started that we are too good for Trevor and I still believe we win at least 5 games this year.  I think that puts us out of the running for the top 3 and I dont want to reach on a QB.  Next year we may have an even better record than this year if we fix the O line in the offseason. 

We still have the Bridgewater problem. We need a QB. I don’t want Bridgewater here after his contract is up. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Panthers trade up. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Zod said:

I'd like to make this decision after a game he wasn't hit 30 times. 

Still holding out hope huh? That’s cool. Good on you man. Keep the fight going! Someone’s gotta do it! 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

No he isn't. He is what he is. A placeholder. Unfortunately he's a placeholder that may win too many games and keep us from finding a true franchise qb

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I find it funny that I was reamed as many others were for wanted to tank for Lawrence before the season started. Now? We look absolutely moronic winning games. And most of the people I said wanted us to tank, had Teddy B. And basically wanted us to tank, like I stated. LOL. 

Edited by nctarheelreincarnated
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

No he isn't. He is what he is. A placeholder. Unfortunately he's a placeholder that may win too many games and keep us from finding a true franchise qb

Get Rattler next year. We’ll all be looking forward to a QB anyway. Or trade up. We need a QB ASAP. 

6 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

We look absolutely moronic

Well, a few of us do. 

Like we were ever going to be as bad as the Jets no matter what. 

He’s not the only problem but he is a problem at the most important position in sports.  He needs literally a perfect team around him to get to the playoffs. We shouldn’t have that little of a window with any quarterback.  We need a guy who can win us games when we don’t play our best or don’t have the best roster. Our current guy can’t do that. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

Well, a few of us do. 

Like we were ever going to be as bad as the Jets no matter what. 

Doesn't matter, still could fail for Fields. Or pray for Trey. Which we all are, except you at this point. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He ain't the solution 

Neither was Brad Johnson but he has a ring.

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Neither was Brad Johnson but he has a ring.

You do know it's 2020, right? He won a ring 18 years ago. The NFL has changed to the point, no Wild Card team has made the Super Bowl in 8 years. Unless you have a perfect team around your QB, which the Panthers won't if they keep Teddy for a while, we're not making a SB.