Carolina Huddle

Proudiddy

Falcons Waive Takk McKinley

Screenshot_20201109-163428_Facebook.thumb.jpg.15640d2dc3a8be59cbe14d7bedbca534.jpg

IIRC, it was rumored we were somewhat interested in him in 2017, fwiw.

Is he any good? What's his deal? Why did they not want him? Isn't he the guy who cursed on draft day dropping an F bomb or two while being interviewed? If so he gave me many laughs at that moment and why not bring him in to try him out

• Pie 1

Just now, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Yeah but is he any good?

Not really.  It seems a big part of his problem is effort though...  and, they just waived him after he tweeted the organization were "clowns" for not trading him.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not really.  It seems a big part of his problem is effort though...  and, they just waived him after he tweeted the organization were "clowns" for not trading him.

Correct. He's kind of a dip poo. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn, not really that good and effort is an issue? That's a bummer. I would attempt to sign him cheap and see how it goes for a few weeks if we have someone we feel he could replace without much drop-off in play. Maybe a new team would motivate him. If not then could just jettison him if he looks like effort was the problem I guess. Who knows maybe we find some sort of gem.in the trash bin.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

It gets juicier.

He's implying they were clowns for not trading him because he himself recognizes himself as a bust

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Yeah but is he any good?

Yeah nah this team is all about culture and Tak doesn’t fit the Bill 

Falcons gonna Falcon.  He wasn't going to be back anyway.  Way too crazy for me.  I don't blame him for wanting out of the dumpster fire that is Atlanta, but this just looks like an AB situation without the proven production.

3 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Falcons gonna Falcon.  He wasn't going to be back anyway.  Way too crazy for me.  I don't blame him for wanting out of the dumpster fire that is Atlanta, but this just looks like an AB situation without the proven production.

Ever since that draft interview, I thought he could be a headcase.  It seemed like they were really high on him up until this year though.

• Pie 3

He's a panthers fan. Maybe he'd play harder for us. Maybe he was bringing the falcons down from the inside

• Beer 2

Sign him immediately. Need all the help they can get in the front 7. Only 25 with 17.5 sacks through 3 seasons

30 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It gets juicier.

He's implying they were clowns for not trading him because he himself recognizes himself as a bust

lol that is amazing

Kinda split on this. He’s clearly a head case to some degree and I’d probably want to stay away from that in our locker room. But it’d also be pretty damn a awesome to sign him and have him fit in here well and show that it was a Falcons problem, not a Takk problem. Though I suspect it’s more likely that he winds up like Vic Beasley... Would probably pass but if we did claim him I would be cautiously optimistic about it as a low risk flyer.