Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
nctarheelreincarnated

Get your butts ready. Every Mock now has us getting Ball.

58 minutes ago, bull123 said:

i just saw a mock with us taking him after edwards & wiseman were gone & we passed on ball

whats his deal?....some say he is better than wiseman

Okongwu is the safer pick and more modern small ball centers of today’s basketball. Wiseman is a more traditional old school center and higher ceiling but only played 3 games in college. However, limited college games didn’t stop teams to draft Kyrie Irving or Darius Garland in the past drafts. I prefer Okongwu as a PF. Wiseman is a legit center. 

if Edwards and Wiseman are gone by #3 - i think we draft Ball and trade him to whoever want to pick Okongwu for us and give us something to sweeten the deal.. vet big man or wing defender

Edited by bLACKpANTHER

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

if Edwards and Wiseman are gone by #3 - i think we draft Ball and trade him to whoever want to pick Okongwu for us and give us something to sweeten the deal.. vet big man or wing defender

Seeing the T-Wolves are STILL undecided on Edwards or Ball. No kidding. 

I have no opinion on Ball the ballplayer, have not seen one game and only highlights. Just his pops is a cancer and has no control. That alone gets a No form me. Jordan already is the best at tearing down this team, dont need another force of nature destroying this org. 

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I have no opinion on Ball the ballplayer, have not seen one game and only highlights. Just his pops is a cancer and has no control. That alone gets a No form me. Jordan already is the best at tearing down this team, dont need another force of nature destroying this org. 

Supposedly, Charlotte is enamored with Ball. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Supposedly, Charlotte is enamored with Ball. 

I hope thats mainly smoke for getting teams to trade up for him. Ball in Chitown or NYC would be the best for everyone. Again I can not comment on Balls game. You got any links for charlotte draft takes? I did some goggle news stuff, to try and learn about the draft. 

I don’t think I’ve watched any tape of Lamelo since his early high school days. Can anyone give me a real profile on him without the bias love/hate that comes with him being a part of the Ball family ? 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Is okongwu in the Bam mold?...I’ve never seen him play

Didn't the Bulls supposedly want Ball?  Maybe our "interest" in Ball is to get them to jump us to grab him, ensuring Edwards or Wiseman fall to #3. 

Or, swap picks with the Bulls and find a way to get Coby to Charlotte.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Didn't the Bulls supposedly want Ball?  Maybe our "interest" in Ball is to get them to jump us to grab him, ensuring Edwards or Wiseman fall to #3. 

I hope you’re right. But, I’m not a big fan of White. I think that Graham is much better. I wouldn’t mind Wendell or Lauri though. 

6 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

big Heels fan here...no Coby until round #2...he is not a top pick

12 hours ago, JJman Returns said:

I don’t think I’ve watched any tape of Lamelo since his early high school days. Can anyone give me a real profile on him without the bias love/hate that comes with him being a part of the Ball family ? 

If that family dynamic wasn't part of this he would go #1 easily in this draft.  He is the most talent player in the draft seriously.  Great size and a genius passer.  Pretty good scorer as well.  He is All Star very early good.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If that family dynamic wasn't part of this he would go #1 easily in this draft.  He is the most talent player in the draft seriously.  Great size and a genius passer.  Pretty good scorer as well.  He is All Star very early good.

I think LaVar's been humbled a bit by Lonzo's meh showing in the NBA. I know he's annoying, but at some point you gotta STFU and just let poo play out. Sounds like recently, he's decided to do that. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I think LaVar's been humbled a bit by Lonzo's meh showing in the NBA. I know he's annoying, but at some point you gotta STFU and just let poo play out. Sounds like recently, he's decided to do that. 

Yeah, I have been very impressed with how Lamelo has distanced himself from his father lately.  He has matured big time it appears and is a really smart guy.  Great teammate from what people have said (including Okongwu who was his high school teammate).  No lack of confidence whatsoever either.  He looks like a franchise PG you make in a video game if he is committed to being great.  

Cannot say enough about his passing abilities.  He is incredibly special there.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah, I have been very impressed with how Lamelo has distanced himself from his father lately.  He has matured big time it appears and is a really smart guy.  Great teammate from what people have said (including Okongwu who was his high school teammate).  No lack of confidence whatsoever either.  He looks like a franchise PG you make in a video game if he is committed to being great.  

Cannot say enough about his passing abilities.  He is incredibly special there.

After what I saw about Edwards. Yeah, I want LaMelo now, VERY content with LaMelo. 

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

After what I saw about Edwards. Yeah, I want LaMelo now, VERY content with LaMelo. 

Nice post man...haven’t seen that.  Does raise flags.

Honestly Lamelo is a pretty safe pick.  His whole life revolves around the game and his brother is a damn good PG in this league.  Don’t see the question marks with his floor.

Edited by Shocker