Carolina Huddle

crowntownpanther

Will DJ Moore be back next year?

Yes, please.   We finally have a good WR core and people want to blow it up lol.

People need to realize Robby will be 29 when his deal expires next off-season that is in line with DJ's 5th year option as a first, or an extension in general. It's pretty fair to say the future is DJ and likely Curtis it makes way more sense, and adding a versatile option in the draft is likely an option, what we lack is a possession / red zone threat receiver, and though Robby is 6'3'' his game is still routes / speed. 

So to trade DJ would be silly, and sounds more like something out of a Madden league than a move relegated to real team management, DJ is much more talented than Funchess, you don't trade guys like that you keep them. Funchess has been an after thought since leaving here. 

To be fair I could see Curtis pricing himself out of a comfortable range, and his archetype 5'10'' and speed, there are usually a handful of guys with that kind of ability. Not to say I'd want to move on, just saying he'd probably be the easiest to replace as the slot receiver. 

I hope he gets paid, I hope Robby finishes, out his deal, 5th year for DJ then in 2021 draft we select a WR that will assume the 3rd spot once Robbie's deal expires or a 2022 prospect. as Robbie will play through the 2021 season solely based on his contract. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Saints did it with Brandin Cook's. Then again they do have Drew Brees. 

And Michael Thomas. And as much as I love Robby and Curtis, they're not a 23-year old Michael Thomas.

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm gonna say yes, but if we have to trade up for a QB, he could be part of the package.

I think it would be a mistake to trade him though. He's our most talented WR and he's only 23.

Sure, let's trade up for a QB and at the same time, get rid of one of that QB's experienced weapons. 

What's with all the trading? Is it the influence of Madden or Fantasy Football that makes people approach it like trades are commonplace? We have a trade time and deadline every season, but for the most part nothing really happens there, and never to the extent you'd think by reading this forum board.

Yeah, my opinion is he has to be a priority to keep here.  He's still so young and has already flashed so much.  When you draft a guy like that and he actually becomes what you envisioned him to become, you have to keep him.. I love Robbie and Curtis too, but Robby is older than both of them and we invested draft picks in DJ and Curtis...  ideally, I'd like to keep them all here, but we'll see.

Moore and Samuel are still both on their rookie deals.

Anderson is the highest paid of the WRs on the roster and he's an FA after 2021.

image.png.b72a1f09c32921790abb17427fbcdb35.png

DJ will be back. We have holes on both sides of the field, and we're not creating yet another one at the critical WR position. No team is that stupid.

DJ isn’t even close to hitting his prime and is already on track to be most productive WR we’ve ever drafted. He should be a cornerstone of the franchise not trade bait.  

• Pie 1

Would be a mistake. Get a new qb that can actually throw the ball deep downfield in stride to him consistently and he’d be putting up insane numbers.

let Robby walk at the end of his deal.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, CRA said:

the first draft of the Rhule era seems to of gone pretty well. 

I agree and I hope it continues and Hurney has less and less input. 

19 hours ago, theinstrumental said:

And Michael Thomas. And as much as I love Robby and Curtis, they're not a 23-year old Michael Thomas.

I think if Brees had both of them they would be. Not trashing Thomas but Brees is a HOF QB. Still next season is the perfect time to deal him. He would receive a bunch of interest.