Carolina Huddle

Jeremy Igo

Are we really getting anything out of Derrick Brown?!?!?!

I think some people are complaining for strange reasons.

Out of HOW many hours worth of games have you watched and your life and said "Oh wow (insert DT's name) had a heck of a game today!"

Of course there are guys like Aaron McDonald but still, DT is not a position that gets more focus.

• Pie 2

DT is also one of the positions that takes a little longer for college players to get acclimated to, but I think Brown is going to turn out to be pretty good with another year of NFL conditioning under his belt and someone other than Whitehead at MLB

• Pie 3

i mean look how bad the qb position is

brown is too focused on the defensive side of the ball

a good rookie would help out anywhere. look at chinn on special teams

just saying what we're all thinking

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From PFF...

Most QB pressures by rookies this season
1. Chase Young, Football Team- 18
2. Derrick Brown, Panthers- 17
3. Javon Kinlaw, 49ers- 15
3. D.J. Wonnum, Vikings

That doesn’t mean he is playing great, that means he is playing great for a rookie.  That’s too totally different things.

To have context list how many pressures other DTs in the league have. 

I personally think he is going to be fine, but he isn’t playing as well as some around here think.  He will over time but right now he is still learning. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

People said the same things about Star Lotulelei. And then he left and the run defense turned into liquid diarrhea. I think Brown is doing great for a rookie and will only get better. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

The positions that don't get sexy stats always get underrated. Dude is a beast, gets pressure and his upside is that he wasn't a pollished passrusher which has every opertunity to improve. He is going to be fun to watch grow.

• Pie 4

It’s just the shallow minded stat junkies that think DL must get sacks to be worthwhile. Go back and look at those posts complaining about Brown, most of them reference sacks.

32 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

That doesn’t mean he is playing great, that means he is playing great for a rookie.  That’s too totally different things.

To have context list how many pressures other DTs in the league have. 

I personally think he is going to be fine, but he isn’t playing as well as some around here think.  He will over time but right now he is still learning. 

Post them. Show us all these stats you speak of. I’d be more than happy to see the context and discuss them. If we can’t compare him to a player taken before him, and the next DT taken, then post yours. 

Last year this team had 3 DTs that fit this “sacks criteria”. 16 sacks from McCoy, Poe, and Butler. How is it possible to have the worst run defense in 35 years(according to one analytics site)? And with a HOF LB. A very good CB. 

53 sacks and the 2nd worst Defense in the NFL. What’s the D ranked this year? Why the improvement? Whitehead? YGM? The other DTs? Or is it a DT that doesn’t get driven 5 yards back by a single blocker. Wonder what stood out on the 98 yd TD run vs TB? It wasn’t whitehead and Boston that caused that. Watch again

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It was an idiotic thread to begin with.

come on man, we suck, wtf are we posta talk about.   

Just now, raz said:

come on man, we suck, wtf are we posta talk about.   

Something, anything not completely idiotic would be a good start.  But that's just me.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Something, anything not completely idiotic would be a good start.  But that's just me.  

maybe more teddy 2 gloves, teddy 2 twigs, teddy 2 yards... oh wait, i got it, one time, in band camp, we had this quarterback named dameyune craig, who never got a shot, but all he does is win    threads.    or i just seen cam newtron bomb throw a ball over that there mountain because he doesn't have any wide catchers    threads.   but seriously cmc hurt his shoulder gayin off with his neighbor.