Carolina Huddle

Jeremy Igo

Are we really getting anything out of Derrick Brown?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, raz said:

maybe more teddy 2 gloves, teddy 2 twigs, teddy 2 yards... oh wait, i got it, one time, in band camp, we had this quarterback named dameyune craig, who never got a shot, but all he does is win    threads.    or i just seen cam newtron bomb throw a ball over that there mountain because he doesn't have any wide catchers    threads.   but seriously cmc hurt his shoulder gayin off with his neighbor.

I rest my case.

• Beer 1

For the record, Pro Football Reference has Brown at only 3 pressures on the season:thinking: 

Obviously there’s some subjectivity to what constitutes a pressure, but that’s a pretty huge discrepancy from two different sites. I’ll admit, strictly from the eye test from having watched every game, 17 pressures seems kinda high. But 3 also seems low. It’d be nice to have more resources tracking QB pressures but surprisingly not a lot of sites document it.

• Beer 3

DT is a position where if they do their job right you don't notice their impact. But if they are missing or playing poorly, you definitely see the negative impacts. 

• Beer 1

There are only 4 DLine players in the NFL that have more tackles for loss in the NFL than Brown.

Bonus note: Derrick Brown has just as many TFLs as Miles Garrett and Demarcus Lawrence.... DEs.....

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Brown has some scary strength and burst. Once he gets a full year of NFL conditioning watch out. YGT is also playing really well for a Rookie and his run defense has been pleasantly good. He could turn out to be a steal. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

There are only 4 DLine players in the NFL that have more tackles for loss in the NFL than Brown.

Bonus note: Derrick Brown has just as many TFLs as Miles Garrett and Demarcus Lawrence.... DEs.....

Because he has the burst of a UT. Scary combo for a NT. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Massive bust

- PFF

thats what my grandma has

• Pie 1
  • The D 3

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

well he's not as good as aaron donald

...yet.

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

DT A has 150 running snaps and has poor gap discipline but ends up with 6 TFL, but also helps to contribute to 15 running plays over 10 yards.

DT B has 150 running snaps and has good gap discipline so only ends up with 2 TFL but only contributes to 5 running plays over 110 yards.

Be careful using TFL as some metric for overall run defense, its paints a very small picture of the overall contribution.

Some of these runs that everyone on this board wants to blame on our LBs and Safeties are because our Dline aren't holding their spot or showing gap discipline.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

DT A has 150 running snaps and has poor gap discipline but ends up with 6 TFL, but also helps to contribute to 15 running plays over 10 yards.

DT B has 150 running snaps and has good gap discipline so only ends up with 2 TFL but only contributes to 5 running plays over 110 yards.

Be careful using TFL as some metric for overall run defense, its paints a very small picture of the overall contribution.

Some of these runs that everyone on this board wants to blame on our LBs and Safeties are because our Dline aren't holding their spot or showing gap discipline.

Good story, but we cant deviate from the fact the rook is making plays in the backfield. That's basically saying a safety is not good even though he leads the team in tackles bc up front cant hold the line. The safety is making the tackles. Doesnt matter how you contort it, its the fact is they are making the play.

For anyone to say he wasn't worth the pick is way off base.  

Is he Pro Bowl material, No but will be on the all rookie team.  I'm happy with our pick. 

Next season he'll be more effective.  He's a beast.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Let me get her digits bro...

diane choksondik saggy GIF by South Park

• The D 1

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Good story, but we cant deviate from the fact the rook is making plays in the backfield. That's basically saying a safety is not good even though he leads the team in tackles bc up front cant hold the line. The safety is making the tackles. Doesnt matter how you contort it, its the fact is they are making the play.

but that doesn't mean another safety wouldn't also make the tackle.  Boston is 3rd on the team in tackles, does that mean he is our 3rd best defender.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact he has the TFL but they don't tell you the entire picture of what he is doing in run defense.

21 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Of course there are guys like Aaron McDonald but still, DT is not a position that gets more focus.

He's ok, but his brother Ronald is a beast. Nobody's got bigger shoes than him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1