• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Husker

Conference Realignment

My fellow SEC fans are morons...they think A&M, OU, and Texas would claw their way into the SEC when that's not even close to reality. a.) Texas doesn't fit the profile of the average SEC school academically(UF and Vandy) b.) revenue sharing...not something they want to be a part of. c.) you can't dominate the SEC like the Big 12, imagine a schedule with Bama, AU, LSU, Arky, and say UF on it. Yikes. OU and Texas basically have the conference to themselves. And the truth is about A&M...they would probably become a doormat in the SEC.

Losing by one point is hardly an "ass kicking".

Husker blames me for that loss. FYI

I wonder if SEC would call up VT to join them, I think that would be a perfect fit. :) . And i certainly enjoyed beating Nebraska with the Tyrod heave to Danny Coale then the 15 second run around and a laser to Dyrelle ;) . Also, Nebraska some of the greatest fans ive ever encountered.

True, but it's kind of lame to bad mouth a conference when your team lost the last time they played a team from that conference.

And this has what to do with the ACC still being a marginal conference?

I wonder if SEC would call up VT to join them, I think that would be a perfect fit. :) . And i certainly enjoyed beating Nebraska with the Tyrod heave to Danny Coale then the 15 second run around and a laser to Dyrelle ;) . Also, Nebraska some of the greatest fans ive ever encountered.

If they take VTech, they'd take UVA too. I have a feeling that would be a package thing kind of like the Texas/Texas A&M deal will be for whichever conference gets them.

It was said that there was "ZERO chance" that they join the SEC. I didn't say I think it is definitely going to happen. Ij ust think that there is a a chance that they end up in the SEC. I could see them ending up in the Pac-10 too. The SEC will probably go after FSU/Miami, VTech/UVA realistically if the Big XII schools arent' interested.

If they take VTech, they'd take UVA too. I have a feeling that would be a package thing kind of like the Texas/Texas A&M deal will be for whichever conference gets them.

It was said that there was "ZERO chance" that they join the SEC. I didn't say I think it is definitely going to happen. Ij ust think that there is a a chance that they end up in the SEC. I could see them ending up in the Pac-10 too. The SEC will probably go after FSU/Miami, VTech/UVA realistically if the Big XII schools arent' interested.

I hope the SEC takes Miami, FSU the Big Ten takes BC and the ACC takes South Carolina, USF/UCF and WV

And this has what to do with the ACC still being a marginal conference?

Look, I'll admit that the Big 12 is a little bit better than the ACC overall, but the difference is not as large as you're making it out to be. You have a consistently elite team with Texas, but most of the teams in your conference is just about as up and down as most of the ACC. Both conferences will have about the same number of top 25 teams when the season starts.

I hope the SEC takes Miami, FSU the Big Ten takes BC and the ACC takes South Carolina, USF/UCF and WV

Now thats not far fetched at all cause i feel like FSU/Miami is a package deal. Bring in those schools for some heated rivalry and attention. Ive also heard FSU/VT to the SEC which I dont think is out of the question either.

Why would South Carolina ever leave the SEC?

My question is if presented the right opportunity why would they stay?

Any you think the ACC is going to be the one to offer an opportunity worthy of leaving the strongest football conference in the country...with the most media attention?

Any you think the ACC is going to be the one to offer an opportunity worthy of leaving the strongest football conference in the country...with the most media attention?

Perhaps being the strongest is also one of their weaknesses

At least USC would have a chance to compete in the ACC, although it wouldn't be as easy as a lot of Gamecock fans seem to think it would be. They already have a natural rivalry with pretty much every team in North and South Carolina anyway, so there would be plenty of fan interest and the short trips would be good in this economy.

I guess it would be hard to get them to leave the $EC gravy train though, even if they don't have a chance in hell of winning that conference anytime soon.

At least USC would have a chance to compete in the ACC, although it wouldn't be as easy as a lot of Gamecock fans seem to think it would be. They already have a natural rivalry with pretty much every team in North and South Carolina anyway, so there would be plenty of fan interest and the short trips would be good in this economy.

I guess it would be hard to get them to leave the $EC gravy train though, even if they don't have a chance in hell of winning that conference anytime soon.

I don't think the SEC would lose a single team in any sort of realignment, though it could be nice to be rid of MSU since they bring nothing to the table financially, academically, or even athletically.

As for you comment about USC not having a chance at winning the SEC...I'd say this is their year. Not that I'm predicting they'll win the east, but I'm saying that if they DON'T win it this year, they never will under this current coaching staff.

Yeah, I don't really believe the SEC would lose anybody either. I'm just saying that USC would be a perfect fit in the ACC if it did happen.

Anyway, my personal opinion ( not that it matters) is that there shouldn't be a conference with more than 12 teams. As it is, you have teams within the same conference that may not even play against each other for 3-4 years at a time.

This is all about the Big 10 getting more people to subscribe to their TV network though. Making college football better and building a good competitive conference has very little to do with it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cornholeboard

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts