• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Beason: Cam For No.1, Has "It" Factor

Because he'd rather have a talent like Cam's on his team vs playing against him

Yep, he knows from his experiences against Josh Freeman, that it's not easy for a smaller LBer like him to chase around those big QB's who can run and change direction well.

Of course, TRD knows better though.:rolleyes:

Why? Why is he an expert on young QBs? He plays on a a different side of the ball and just because he is good at MLB means he's a good judge of NFL quality QB talent?

Gimme a break. Why don't you give the same benefit to people who do it for a living, specifically with QBs?

wat

Why? Why is he an expert on young QBs? He plays on a a different side of the ball and just because he is good at MLB means he's a good judge of NFL quality QB talent?

Gimme a break. Why don't you give the same benefit to people who do it for a living, specifically with QBs?

Well, most of the people who are doing this for a living, are saying that Newton is a top ten talent too.

Yep, he knows from his experiences against Josh Freeman, that it's not easy for a smaller LBer like him to chase around those big QB's who can run and change direction well.

Of course, TRD knows better though.:rolleyes:

Why do you get to make favorable comparisons that aren't accurate one bit but when people make actual comparisons that are spot on that are unfavorable people get all pissy?

He's nothing like Josh Freeman unless you want to count race and height? Are those the basis for a fair comparison?

His game is nothing like Freeman or Ben or Rodgers or anyone. His game is Pate White, Mike Vick, Vince Young, The Golden Calf of Bristol.

He can one day hope to be like the others but now right now he's not.

Well, most of the people who are doing this for a living, are saying that Newton is a top ten talent too.

Most people who do it for a living say we shouldn't take him at #1 and in fact most say that Gabbert is better than him.

. His game is Pate White, Mike Vick, Vince Young, The Golden Calf of Bristol.

He can one day hope to be like the others but now right now he's not.

You told me the other day he was nothing like Vick. You said "terrible comparison" to quote you exactly. Guess you are changing your mind.

You ask the average player who to draft, most of them will name three guys from their college.

They're not scouts. Hence, no say in the draft process.

Beason's not recommending Jacory Harris (thank god).

Beason's not recommending Jacory Harris (thank god).

no one would recommend jacory harris not even his coach

You told me the other day he was nothing like Vick. You said "terrible comparison" to quote you exactly. Guess you are changing your mind.

Physically he is nothing like Michael Vick. The way he played the game in college is similar. How he'll do in the NFL is something completely different because of the talent disparity between college and NFL defenses.

Physically he is nothing like Michael Vick. The way he played the game in college is similar. How he'll do in the NFL is something completely different because of the talent disparity between college and NFL defenses.

I know. I was referring to TRD changing up his stories not the larger comparison.

Point well taken though.

I know. I was referring to TRD changing up his stories not the larger comparison.

Point well taken though.

Yes this comparison is for something different than what we were talking about before. The other comparison was I believe related to quickness and speed.

This comparison is referring to the tendency to be a runner and not really a passer, like White, The Golden Calf of Bristol, VY, etc.

If you had to group him into a bucket, he's much more similar to those four guys than he is Freeman, Rodgers, Ben, etc

My biggest concern with Cam is when we are visitors in a dome and Chud is calling plays and Cam can't hear because of his abnormally tiny ears.

Aside from that, if Beason likes him, I'd like to change my vote from No-Cam to a vote of present instead.

Most people who do it for a living say we shouldn't take him at #1 and in fact most say that Gabbert is better than him.

That's not entirely true. They may not have him at #1, but even Mayock admitted that it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Panthers to take either Gabbert or Newton at #1.

Anyway, what's the difference really between #1 and #10, when it comes to QB's? Nobody is drafting a QB at #10 if they don't think he can do it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Black on Black

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts