Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Stoney

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • No this isn’t about Gaulden. But another unheralded free agent option.   S QUIN BLANDING, CAROLINA PANTHERS Quin Blanding went undrafted out of Virginia following a productive 2017 season with the Cavaliers. He found his way to Carolina in 2018 and could be in line for meaningful snaps this season. Blanding currently sits behind Eric Reidand Rashaan Gaulden on the depth chart, but his play could be too hard to overlook this offseason. Although he didn’t log any NFL snaps last season, he came out of Virginia after producing an 84.3 overall grade — eighth among draft-eligible safeties. He missed only 11 tackles on 144 tackle attempts and allowed only 21 receptions with eight combined interceptions and pass breakups. I don’t know much about the kid but seeing as he didn’t log a single snap last season but we retained him must mean there is something there. What say you! -per pff  
    • With all of the talk about going to a 3-4 I have a question about when we go to the nickel defense.  As we all know regardless of what our base is in today's NFL a lot of time is spent in nickel defense.  In the past when we ran a 4-3 I think we usually pulled on of the LBs and basically ran a 4-2-5.   With a 3-4, who is coming off of the field? Lets assume a front 7 of: D-line - Short, Poe, Butler OLBs- Irvin, Addison ILBs- Kuechly, Thompson Do we pull an ILB, and basically run a 3-3-5? or do we pull a D-lineman and run a 2-4-5?  Seems like teams do both, https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1680308-the-nickel-front-breaking-down-the-modern-nfls-go-to-defense If we pull an ILB I would assume it would be Thompson.  Are we paying $9m for a situational player? I think Thompson has a ton of ability but seems like we are always struggling to get him on the field.