Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

This is pathetic

so me origianally citing the false representation of this paper is babbling? Sorry, I called it on my first try. listed the lies and they have been confirmed. So I think I stand in a good position on this. I'd say that was not terrible at all. I think what is terrible is your inability to understand or should I say refusal to accept the truth.

This is not a word.

I have not seen you cite anything, you still haven't showed any of us where she said any of this.  Citing someone means you take their words that came out of their mouth and put them in print.  Show us where she said this.

This is not a word.

I have not seen you cite anything, you still haven't showed any of us where she said any of this.  Citing someone means you take their words that came out of their mouth and put them in print.  Show us where she said this.

I posted the list of false assertions about this paper. I used "cite" incorrectly.The point still stands, I called BS on this  from the beginning of this thread.Typos happen so whatever!

i like your new strategy though.Truth is not truth if misspelled.

I posted the list of false assertions about this paper. I used "cite" incorrectly.The point still stands, I called BS on this from the beginning of this thread.Typos happen so whatever!

i like your new strategy though.Truth is not truth if misspelled.

So truth to you is what ever you think in that head of yours facts be damned. That's completely irrational but okay.

So truth to you is what ever you think in that head of yours facts be damned. That's completely irrational but okay.

it would be to those who can't see the truth.

it would be to those who can't see the truth.

Maybe one day you will put a thought together that actually makes sense. WE can all hope!

Oh the hilarity that is going to ensue when this whole thing comes out. I am researching some pretty funny stuff on the remarks and explanations being given by Willingham and her associate Jay Smith.There is obvious web of deceit going on. be back later.

Oh the hilarity that is going to ensue when this whole thing comes out. I am researching some pretty funny stuff on the remarks and explanations being given by Willingham and her associate Jay Smith.There is obvious web of deceit going on. be back later.

Good luck. Hopefully you can bring some facts to the table when you come back.

Here's a little light reading for you.

http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/186239-in-fake-classes-scandal-unc-fails-its-athletes-and-whistle-blower

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/28/us/ncaa-athletes-unc/index.html

post-972-0-56307900-1396903490_thumb.jpg

"UNC and other public universities where some student-athletes could read only at an elementary school level."

This is not only Carolina's problem, it happens on every college campus that accepts funds from the NCAA. Athletes are not held to the same academic standards as other students, which is a a flaw in our education system as a whole. Jabari Parker decided to attend Duke for its basketball program, not for an education and if you believe otherwise you're a fool. You post about Duke's recruits based on athletic ability not what they scored on their SAT's, because you like most every other fan are more concerned about winning.

Yet this goes unnoticed?

http://m.goheels.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209412661&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=12965&DB_OEM_ID=3350

"Paige is the only ACC player recognized this year among the first-, second- or third-team Academic All-Americas in men's basketball."

That's great for Paige he is a great kid. He is also on the Acc All Academic team with Amile, Jabari, and Rodney.

"UNC and other public universities where some student-athletes could read only at an elementary school level."

This is not only Carolina's problem, it happens on every college campus that accepts funds from the NCAA. Athletes are not held to the same academic standards as other students, which is a a flaw in our education system as a whole. Jabari Parker decided to attend Duke for its basketball program, not for an education and if you believe otherwise you're a fool. You post about Duke's recruits based on athletic ability not what they scored on their SAT's, because you like most every other fan are more concerned about winning.

But you have to understand coach K recruits a certain kind of player, they have to be a very bright person which Jabari is.  There is a reason Coach K never recruited D Rose.  Duke has their guys on campus as soon as they graduate high school taking summer classes to get acclimated to the college lifestyle.  This has also helped numerous players like Jason Williams graduate in 3 years.  

Also to try and justify unc's mess by saying it happens on every college campus is a farce.  Does it happen elsewhere?  Sure but not at EVERY campus.  

none of that shows she did not lie about this paper. The explanations change by the minute. If she has some real evidence I think she should show it. We know about the fake classes so what good is lying going to do for Willingham?

She has nothing new to offer and at this point is irrelevant.

It's even more sad if you actually went to unc and you are okay with the cheating and fake classes.

Really? So because a few other schools do it it's okay for your school to do it? Is that what you are going to tell your kids? Other kids are breaking the rules so it's okay for you to do it too. If so that is terrible parenting. If you watched the Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel you would know that the athletes were given their schedules and steered toward fake classes so I don't know that you can say "can't help the athletes if they don't want help".

Every school cheats academically in their own way... those walk-on's at the end of the bench aren't on the team because they're good (GPA boosters). Does this mean that Carolina should still continue to cheat? Absolutely not, but the "holier than thou" attitude is exasperating.

Carolina just got caught... but after seeing Julius Randle's ridiculously stupid question on live tv tonight: "what does attainment mean?" I assume their program deserves to be investigated as well.

none of that shows she did not lie about this paper. The explanations change by the minute. If she has some real evidence I think she should show it. We know about the fake classes so what good is lying going to do for Willingham?

She has nothing new to offer and at this point is irrelevant.

That has been my point all along!  She has no motive to show a fake paper, she has gained nothing from this.  She was demoted from her job, bullied by peers, called names, and even received death threats so tell me again how this could have helped her?