• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Proudiddy

Trades were successful based on current rosters (i.e., Haywood will no longer be in Charlotte, and Gee will no longer be in Cleveland). Would you make these moves if the other teams agreed, or would you stick with the players I traded away, lol?

Uns8TJb.png

(This trade also worked without CDR. Without including CDR, Charlotte's wins increased by +1)

BqvW092.png

(Before including Taylor, Charlotte needed to get rid of around $330,000 in order for the deal to work. Just for reference, lol.)

After the trades, before making any other moves in free agency, you'd have:

Kyrie Irving

Harrison Barnes

MKG

PJ Hairston

Kevin Martin

Gary Neal

Tolliver

Pargo

Big Al

Vonleh

Bismack (I assume no one wants him. If I thought they would, I'd have tried to include him instead of Zeller)

I'm assuming they will re-sign McRoberts, and still go after a guy like Hayward, Parsons, or Stephenson ("a guy" -- no all of them), and that both Bachynski and Bell will be retained following Summer League.

ThinkAboutIt for GM!!!!!!!! Now!

All about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I keep hearing the Suns will over him in the Neighborhood of 5 year 50 million. Spending 30% of that on a backup PG would be idiotic.

Why would Bledsoe come to a small market team to be the BACKUP pg? He just had an awesome year and is looking to get paid/be the man. And he is arguably better than Kemba. He's already been that role with the Clippers and CP3, I don't see him ever going back to a role-player like that.

Not as a PG.

Trades were successful based on current rosters (i.e., Haywood will no longer be in Charlotte, and Gee will no longer be in Cleveland). Would you make these moves if the other teams agreed, or would you stick with the players I traded away, lol?

Uns8TJb.png

(This trade also worked without CDR. Without including CDR, Charlotte's wins increased by +1)

BqvW092.png

(Before including Taylor, Charlotte needed to get rid of around $330,000 in order for the deal to work. Just for reference, lol.)

After the trades, before making any other moves in free agency, you'd have:

Kyrie Irving

Harrison Barnes

MKG

PJ Hairston

Kevin Martin

Gary Neal

Tolliver

Pargo

Big Al

Vonleh

Bismack (I assume no one wants him. If I thought they would, I'd have tried to include him instead of Zeller)

I'm assuming they will re-sign McRoberts, and still go after a guy like Hayward, Parsons, or Stephenson ("a guy" -- not all of them), and that both Bachynski and Bell will be retained following Summer League.

Just no.

The love affair for Harrison Barnes continues.

Irving is a rising star in the league.

Barnes is a bench player, and nothing more. Lacks the mindset to ever tap his potential.

And yet Golden State did better when he wasn't a "bench player" his rookie season.

Most of you guys clearly know nothing about basketball. Barnes was in a bad situation in Golden State his rookie season, made even worse his 2nd season when they ignorantly signed Iguodala to start over guy who had just outplayed him head to head in the previous season's playoffs just because of what Iguodala had done in the past. Barnes has top tier talent, especially in the right situation, and he would end up being the 2nd or 3rd best player on the Hornets (because of Jefferson) if those trades were real. 

Being on a team where Curry, Thompson and Lee are going to chuck up 60 shots a game is not the right situation.

Shortsightedness is human nature. You wouldn't be saying that about Barnes had the Bobcats drafted him and given him 12-16 shots a game, instead of him being on a Warriors team where everyone but Lee, Thompson and Curry had to scrape up whatever shots they could get. 

And yet Golden State did better when he wasn't a "bench player" his rookie season.

Most of you guys clearly know nothing about basketball. Barnes was in a bad situation in Golden State his rookie season, made even worse his 2nd season when they ignorantly signed Iguodala to start over guy who had just outplayed him head to head in the previous season's playoffs just because of what Iguodala had done in the past. Barnes has top tier talent, especially in the right situation, and he would end up being the 2nd or 3rd best player on the Hornets (because of Jefferson) if those trades were real.

Being on a team where Curry, Thompson and Lee are going to chuck up 60 shots a game is not the right situation.

Shortsightedness is human nature. You wouldn't be saying that about Barnes had the Bobcats drafted him and given him 12-16 shots a game, instead of him being on a Warriors team where everyone but Lee, Thompson and Curry had to scrape up whatever shots they could get.

This is your opinion, but until he shows any different, he is a bench player. He had his chances in college, but never showed the talent everyone knew he had. I never said he wasn't loaded with talent. I did say he doesn't have the mindset to tap into that potential. He is not nearly confident enough, nor aggressive enough to unleash the talent he has. If he ever gets his mindset right, he could become a very good player, until then he will be a bench player. If it happens he will take his opportunities to shine and standout to anybody watching. He plays enough minutes to be aggressive and prove himself, he doesn't act like he wants it.

This is your opinion, but until he shows any different, he is a bench player. He had his chances in college, but never showed the talent everyone knew he had. I never said he wasn't loaded with talent. I did say he doesn't have the mindset to tap into that potential. He is not nearly confident enough, nor aggressive enough to unleash the talent he has. If he ever gets his mindset right, he could become a very good player, until then he will be a bench player. If it happens he will take his opportunities to shine and standout to anybody watching. He plays enough minutes to be aggressive and prove himself, he doesn't act like he wants it.

He showed different, in the 2012-13 Playoffs. Then Golden State made the dumb move of bringing in Iguodala, and both he and Barnes stunk up the joint. Maybe the reason Barnes underperformed last season is the same reason Iguodala fell off the face of the earth. 

As for UNC, he was on an All-Star team, which he led in scoring (17.2ppg), despite the fact that he was the #3 scoring option on the team because UNC played an inside-out game, where the first two options were Zeller and Henderson. Don't know why some people find this so hard to understand, along with the fact that he was on a system-dominated team not in a freelance offense where players could just do whatever they wanted to. I repeat, Barnes led UNC in scoring even though Zeller was who the offense was run to see scoring each possession (and then Henderson). He averaged 23.4ppg (per 40 mins), which he probably would've averaged per game had he gone to Duke, which had a wing-oriented offense. 

People who criticize Barnes for not having unbelievable college stats are clueless. It's not like his talent level versus his teammates was like TJ Warren's compared to the rest of NC State last year. 

The only valid criticisms of Barnes are the fact that he's moody and he quits caring. People who criticize his production at UNC and Golden State are clueless. Front offices in the NBA still expect him to become a very good NBA player for a reason (per Wojnarowski).

"moody and he quits caring"

Exactly what I am talking about, his mindset is holding him back. The mind is very powerful, and nobody knows if he ever truly breaks out of his shell. I don't care about last years playoffs either. That is a small sample size compared to the rest of his two years in the league. Iguodala signing excuse doesn't work for me either. Barnes played 146 more minutes this year than he did last year. He shot more shots this year, but made 51 less shots this year while playing in those minutes. He also grabbed less rebounds this year while playing more minutes.

Look I will say it again, he is very talented. He needs to fix his mindset, and until he does he will never show his capabilities. Hopefully he will one day, but I gotta see it to believe it

He just doesn't have 'it', he never has and I don't think he ever will.  No emotion, no urgency, he just doesn't have the cold-blooded killer mentality which is really a shame because he has all the measurables, has athleticism, and is pretty skilled with with a good shot.  

I think he can be an above average starter one day, but to make the jump into the all-star category he's going to have to change something mentally. 

He just doesn't have 'it', he never has and I don't think he ever will. No emotion, no urgency, he just doesn't have the cold-blooded killer mentality which is really a shame because he has all the measurables, has athleticism, and is pretty skilled with with a good shot.

I think he can be an above average starter one day, but to make the jump into the all-star category he's going to have to change something mentally.

This is how I feel

"moody and he quits caring"

Exactly what I am talking about, his mindset is holding him back. The mind is very powerful, and nobody knows if he ever truly breaks out of his shell. I don't care about last years playoffs either. That is a small sample size compared to the rest of his two years in the league. Iguodala signing excuse doesn't work for me either. Barnes played 146 more minutes this year than he did last year. He shot more shots this year, but made 51 less shots this year while playing in those minutes. He also grabbed less rebounds this year while playing more minutes.

Look I will say it again, he is very talented. He needs to fix his mindset, and until he does he will never show his capabilities. Hopefully he will one day, but I gotta see it to believe it

He just doesn't have 'it', he never has and I don't think he ever will.  No emotion, no urgency, he just doesn't have the cold-blooded killer mentality which is really a shame because he has all the measurables, has athleticism, and is pretty skilled with with a good shot.  

I addressed most of this weeks ago. Put him next to Kyrie Irving (the two of them would like to play together) or have him playing under Jordan and he will have "it." If he can't succeed in Charlotte, then he won't succeed anywhere. Golden State wasn't the best place for him or Iguodala for obvious reasons (Curry + Lee + Thompson = around 60 shots a game).

Archived